MONUMENTS MEN - Delayed to 2014

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

MONUMENTS MEN - Delayed to 2014

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

My mom is reading this book and loves it -- the idea is fascinating, the story is real, and the cast is great...but what a freaking HORRIBLE trailer.

My vote for some of the worst, most inappropriate music I've ever heard in a coming attractions ad!! The only way it would've been worse is if Myley Cyrus was used!

AndyDursin

Re: MONUMENTS MEN - Worst Trailer Music...Ever??

#2 Post by AndyDursin »

Well this is more like it...

Monterey Jack

#3 Post by Monterey Jack »

That's why I don't watch trailers anymore. I remember you bagging on the trailer for Argo last year, Andy, and look how that film turned out.

AndyDursin

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

Monterey Jack wrote:That's why I don't watch trailers anymore. I remember you bagging on the trailer for Argo last year, Andy, and look how that film turned out.
That's true. That ad sucked. BTW I'm not saying the film isn't going to be good -- more that this trailer was just embarrassing. The second trailer was better at least.

Paul MacLean

#5 Post by Paul MacLean »

I love the premise, but they're trying a little too hard to sell the film as a "hip comedy" with that awful song.

Then again, I'm sure there's nothing very ear-catching in Alexandre Desplat's score.

Mike Skerritt

#6 Post by Mike Skerritt »

Interesting. They used music cribbing INCEPTION but not the Horn of Doom.

I like Clooney as a filmmaker but I think he's overrated as a writer. I look forward to liking this and completely forgetting about it. ;)

AndyDursin

#7 Post by AndyDursin »

Delayed to 2014 because "the effects aren't finished" :roll:

Anyone really believe that? Probably not a vote of confidence on the studio's part with less than two months to go before release.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/10/george- ... nt-8333942

AndyDursin

Re: MONUMENTS MEN - Delayed to 2014

#8 Post by AndyDursin »

No surprise here -- the trailers were limp. This is one of those times where if you can't make a 2-minute ad look exciting given that cast and premise, you know you're in trouble.
"A surprisingly lifeless prestige picture...Clooney has transformed a fascinating true-life tale into an exceedingly dull and dreary caper pic cum art-appreciation seminar — a museum-piece movie about museum people."
http://variety.com/2014/film/reviews/fi ... 201075441/
"Something less than monumental...Too much of the time, The Monuments Men falls into a compromised middle zone, not urgent and only mildly amusing."
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie/ ... iew/675014