20 80's Movies remakes forthcoming

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
Eric W.

20 80's Movies remakes forthcoming

#1 Post by Eric W. »

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-new ... 13917.html

This is a painful list to read in more ways than one.

AndyDursin

Re: 20 80's Movies remakes forthcoming

#2 Post by AndyDursin »

Thankfully, I wouldn't sweat it. More than half of those were "announced" years ago and won't ever get made. Even that VACATION film stalled out because they all started squabbling over the rating. Can't fathom Ed Helms in either that or a NAKED GUN "reboot." Yuck. ;)

The POLTERGEIST remake I'm actually interested in seeing, just to see what kind of a film Raimi and co. produce there.

Monterey Jack

#3 Post by Monterey Jack »

AndyDursin wrote:The POLTERGEIST remake I'm actually interested in seeing, just to see what kind of a film Raimi and co. produce there.
Lot of talent behind and in front of the camera on that one...cautiously optimistic. :|

AndyDursin

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

Monterey Jack wrote:
AndyDursin wrote:The POLTERGEIST remake I'm actually interested in seeing, just to see what kind of a film Raimi and co. produce there.
Lot of talent behind and in front of the camera on that one...cautiously optimistic. :|
Same here. It has good people involved...so long as its not a J-horror type of take (fortunately we seem to have progressed past that era), I'm likewise cautiously optimistic. We shall see.

Paul MacLean

#5 Post by Paul MacLean »

As far as I'm concerned the only 80s movie worth remaking is the one that's not on a the list -- Ladyhawk.

The original had a terrific screeplay sabotaged by indifferent direction, questionable casting and of course a notoriously risible score (then again, a remake would probably have an even worse score, given the state of film scoring today).
Last edited by Paul MacLean on Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

esteban miranda

#6 Post by esteban miranda »

Eric W. wrote:http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-new ... 13917.html

This is a painful list to read in more ways than one.
Well, I missed all of these the first time around (with the exception of Poltergeist), so I don't expect I'll have any problem missing them again...

John Johnson

#7 Post by John Johnson »

Paramount’s low-budget Insurge label is behind the project, which will be produced by Josh Appelbaum and Andre Nemec, the writers behind Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol and the American version of the British TV series Life on Mars.
Paramount also is hiring Geoff Moore and Dave Posamentier to write the script. The duo are the writer-directors behind Better Living Through Chemistry, a drug dramedy starring Sam Rockwell and Olivia Wilde that opens this weekend. (The pair only are writing Explorers, not directing.)

Explorers told the story of three teenaged boys who come together to create a homemade space ship. The movie marked the feature debuts of Ethan Hawke and River Phoenix -- the third kid was played by Jason Presson -- and was directed by Joe Dante, who made his name with Gremlins and The Howling.
With a release date moved up during production, the movie had a third act that was written on the fly and flopped at the box office when it hit theaters in summer 1985. However, Explorers had a second life when released on home video, and it now is considered an '80s classic. The movie is sometimes cited as being an Amblin film, though it wasn't produced by Steven Spielberg; Dante, however, is a Spielberg contemporary and worked with the iconic filmmaker on Gremlins and Innerspace, films that came before and after Explorers.
Details on what the 21st century version of Explorers will look like are being kept under wraps, though an insider said one template could be in the tone of Welcome to Yesterday, an upcoming movie produced by Michael Bay’s Platinum Dunes and directed by Dean Israelite that has been wowing execs at the studio. Yesterday revolves around teens who construct a time machine.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... ers-688024
London. Greatest City in the world.

mkaroly

#8 Post by mkaroly »

EXPLORERS - great score from Goldsmith...one of my favorites of his from the 80s.

Eric W.

#9 Post by Eric W. »

mkaroly wrote:EXPLORERS - great score from Goldsmith...one of my favorites of his from the 80s.
Same here. Loved the movie until the aliens show up.