OMG Saw a New Movie With a Score I Liked!

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

OMG Saw a New Movie With a Score I Liked!

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

SAN ANDREAS -- the utterly absurd but fun "let's destroy California" disaster flick with The Rock -- offers a fine Andrew Lockington score.

No idea who this guy is -- but the score is very good for what it is. Passages of melody, choir -- kind of reminded me what Michael Kamen may have written for something like this if he were still around.

I might even buy it!! :o

Edmund Kattak

Re: OMG Saw a New Movie With a Score I Liked!

#2 Post by Edmund Kattak »

My expectations were low watching this movie, but was pleasantly surprised by the end. A good "popcorn" movie.
Indeed,
Ed

AndyDursin

#3 Post by AndyDursin »

Agreed Ed. It was ridiculous to an extreme, but what I liked about it was that it was unpretentious. It wasn't a Roland Emmerich film -- there was no ecological preaching, it was just a sheer, straight ahead disaster film from the opening frames to the end. They didn't clutter it up with too many characters, and the Rock and Carla Gugino had some nice chemistry together...he even CRIES in one scene!

I couldn't quite give it 3 stars but it was a guilty pleasure. 8)

jkholm

#4 Post by jkholm »

It's good to read some positive comments about current scores. MJ liked Man From UNCLE and I've seen positive comments on some other scores that came out this year like Cinderella, MI: Rogue Nation and Wolf Totem. Keep this going and we might even have a Top 5 Best Scores of 2015 thread!

Monterey Jack

#5 Post by Monterey Jack »

jkholm wrote:It's good to read some positive comments about current scores. MJ liked Man From UNCLE and I've seen positive comments on some other scores that came out this year like Cinderella, MI: Rogue Nation and Wolf Totem. Keep this going and we might even have a Top 5 Best Scores of 2015 thread!
Michael Giacchino's Inside Out and Alan Silvestri's The Walk are also class. 8)