POLTERGEIST Remake - Bumped up to May 22nd

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
mkaroly

Re: POLTERGEIST Remake - Bumped up to May 22nd

#46 Post by mkaroly »

The film looks horrible from the trailers I have seen - I will definitely skip this one. And for as much Hans Zimmer has contributed significantly to the devolution of film scoring, I'll bet the score for this movie will sell well because his name is on it. Disgraceful!

Monterey Jack

#47 Post by Monterey Jack »

AndyDursin wrote:The guy has ruined everything. Seriously screw you Hans!!
I've had people defending him on other forums, and, sure, he does have a number of fine scores to his credit, but even a stopped clock is right twice a day, and the overall effect he and his army of Zimmer Clones has had on the quality of film music over the past fifteen years has been nothing less than disastrous. :( Granted, he's "giving movie producers what they want", and as long as producers keep buying what he's selling, and audiences "get used to" his brand of textureless sonic wallpaper while forgetting what music used to add to the theatrical experience, there's no hope for any sort of return to the melodic scores of yesteryear, especially since no one who actually can write "real music" can get their foot in the door unless they pass through the Zimmer Sausage Factory and fetch him an especially nice cup of coffee. :?

Monterey Jack

#48 Post by Monterey Jack »

5/10

Feh.