JUSTICE LEAGUE In All Kinds of Trouble?

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

JUSTICE LEAGUE In All Kinds of Trouble?

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

I'm sorry, I can't stop laughing at Affleck's introduction to Aquaman..."he brings fish, he comes on the King Tide"....lol

DavidBanner

Re: JUSTICE LEAGUE - 2017 - Comic-Con Teaser

#2 Post by DavidBanner »

This looks TERRIBLE.
The bad guitar music is really not helping, either. It's as bad as the bad guitar music they thought would make the climax of BS "exciting".

AndyDursin

#3 Post by AndyDursin »

What's odd, is that if that's the "take" on The Flash they're going to use (a "comedic nerd" for lack of a better term), why didn't they cast Jesse Eisenberg (playing to his strengths) in that part as opposed to a villain like Lex Luthor?

I also find it so weird that they have their own, separate TV version of THE FLASH going at the same time as this...especially when they were so adamant that Superman never appear in 8 seasons of SMALLVILLE, even when there WASN'T another big-screen version happening.

DavidBanner

#4 Post by DavidBanner »

I honestly don't understand what is going on between CW and Warner Bros.
It sounds like there's an ego battle happening between the television and feature divisions.
You don't see things like this going on over at Disney/Marvel, where they have characters from the movies popping up on SHIELD, and where they've acknowledged that the whole Netflix pod of shows is one wing of the same universe.

OTOH I have to admit that I'm also puzzled by having two different Quicksilvers between the Fox X-Men movies and the Disney Marvel movies, among other things. But that's a case where you have two different studio execs having the ego battle. With CW and Warner Bros, they're supposed to be working together within the same company!

AndyDursin

#5 Post by AndyDursin »

That's what makes so little sense. And the thing is -- the TV FLASH is so well received by fans and critics alike. Why not connect it with the movie and just use the same actor? It could promote the JL film at the same time it pushes movie fans to the TV series...but Snyder has to "put his stamp" on it, I guess.

DavidBanner

#6 Post by DavidBanner »

I really wish someone would put their stamp on Snyder.

Oh. That was my outside voice, wasn't it?

AndyDursin

#7 Post by AndyDursin »

Trailer is here! Whoo hoo! :?

Paul MacLean

Re: JUSTICE LEAGUE - November - Trailer

#8 Post by Paul MacLean »

I was about to go to bed, but I just read this and had to pass it along...

http://movieweb.com/justice-league-movi ... ot-photos/

Justice League Gets Composer Danny Elfman, Reshoot Photos Emerge

Ryan Scott

The night is always darkest just before the dawn, or so they say. Zack Snyder recently had to step down from directing Justice League to tend to a personal tragedy, leaving the reshoots and editing to be completed by Joss Whedon. Warner Bros. is rallying in a big way to make this movie everything Snyder wanted it to be and some interesting new developments are proving that the dawn and some serious brightness is coming to the DCEU. First and most importantly, Danny Elfman is doing the score for Justice League. This is not a drill.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Danny Elfman has officially signed on to compose the score for Justice League, stepping in for Antonius Tom Holkenborg, aka Junkie XL, who did the score for Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice and Mad Max: Fury Road. Apparently, Holkenborg is doing the new Tomb Raider reboot instead. No disrespect to Junkie XL, but there is something very special about Danny Elfman stepping in for this movie and could be one of the key ingredients that helps make this movie not feel like Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice 2.0.

Danny Elfman is about as accomplished as they come in the world of composing, with more than 100 credits and a whole lot of awards, to his name. As fans of DC will probably be quick to point out, he is a big part of Batman on the big screen as well. He did the scores for Tim Burton's movies, Batman and Batman Returns, which was a major trademark of those particular movies. He also scored Sam Raimi's Spider-Man trilogy, as well as Hellboy II: The Golden Army and Avengers: Age of Ultron for Joss Whedon. So he is absolutely no stranger to the world of comic book movies. But him returning to the world of DC for Justice League is a big deal.

Now, as for the other bit of Justice League news that also happens to pertain to Batman. As mentioned, Joss Whedon is currently overseeing reshoots on the movie and, thanks to some new set photos, it looks like some Gotham City flavor is going to be added in. The Tumblr blog Batman Notes got ahold of some set photos, showcasing the gargoyle Batman was standing on in the Justice League trailer, as well as a Gotham City taxi. It hasn't yet been revealed just how much Gotham will feature in the movie, but based on these photos, it looks like at least a little more is going to be peppered in.

More Gotham City? Danny Elfman back doing the score to a DC movie? The verdict is still out on Justice League, but this should have fans feeling pretty good. Now, since Junkie XL had been working on the score already, elements of that may be used and blended with what Elfman comes up with, but we can't say for sure at this point. Whilst waiting to hear Danny Elfman's surely rad Justice League theme, you can check out the new set photos for yourself below.

Is it possible? Might we actually hear a good score in a a superhero movie again?

There's always the possibility that Elfman will have a gun to his head and be coerced into doing a "Remote Control"-style score. Then again, I can't see a composer with such an individualistic and iconic identity taking the job if they're going to dictate the style of the score to him.

Oh...and if you scroll down on that page you'll find another interesting article: "Director John Landis Trashes the Marvel Cinematic Universe".

AndyDursin

#9 Post by AndyDursin »

How in the world did THIS happen? Junkie XL was too tired? The Gregson-Wiliamses had too many scores to pipe through their computer?

A stunning decision -- but a good one!
Oh...and if you scroll down on that page you'll find another interesting article: "Director John Landis Trashes the Marvel Cinematic Universe".
lol I loved talking to Landis, that was the best interview I ever had. He's one of those guys who loves movies and has an opinion, and doesn't hold back. It is, at least, an informed opinion whether you agree or not, and he was just great, bouncing around on all kinds of topics.

Either way, I loved talking movies with him -- I will check out that article Paul, but something tells me I already know where he's coming from.

Monterey Jack

#10 Post by Monterey Jack »

I would be excited by the news...but then remember how bland and nondescript Patrick Doyle's decidedly Zimmerized Thor score was. :| Back in 1993, I never in a million years would have thought a Doyle score written for a superhero movie (especially one directed by frequent collaborator Kenneth Branagh) could have been so dull, but there you go. Hey, I'd love to be proven wrong...James Horner knocked it out of the park with his splendid score to The Amazing Spider-Man, which only had the vaguest Remote Control influences and was a bracing work brimming with melody and old-school craftsmanship. But Elfman also contributed to the Age Of Ultron score, and can you remember a note of that?

AndyDursin

#11 Post by AndyDursin »

I actually did not remember his contributions to AGE OF ULTRON -- I had to look it up to confirm he had anything to do with it. (Then again, I've tried to forget as much about that movie as possible).

I know what you are saying, it's probably not going to be a score I'd want to listen to outside the film. At the same time, even third-tier Elfman sure as hell beats the stuffing out of Rupert Gregson-Williams and Junkie XL.

AndyDursin

#12 Post by AndyDursin »

This looks like you know what. Outside of Jeremy Irons...ouch.

AndyDursin

#13 Post by AndyDursin »

Sounds like it's going to be as good as it looks!

Joss Whedon will be getting a co-director credit. He's also, reportedly, shot $25 million of new scenes and come up with a new ending because the movie is too "down" and morose. They also apparently disliked the cliffhanger finish of the climax too.

Shades of SUICIDE SQUAD's post-production woes, and it sounds like they also trying to make it more "fun" like WONDER WOMAN at the same time.

Affleck says the film is an "interesting product" of two different directors....good luck with that! lol
New body parts aren’t the only things Cyborg is getting in Justice League.

The cybernetically enhanced member of the team will reportedly be getting a lighter tone in the Justice League reshoots that Joss Whedon is overseeing after director Zack Snyder left due to a family tragedy. Cyborg’s tone readjustment is in line with Warner Bros.’ push to for more “fun” and optimistic DC Extended Universe movies after the critical and commercial success of Wonder Woman.

The Justice League reshoots have been extensive, to say the least. Costing the studio $25 million and lasting roughly two months, they’ve been said to overhaul the original movie almost completely. We can’t know for sure what has or hasn’t been changed, but one of those things is most certainly the movie’s tone.

Snyder and Warner Bros. originally set off to make the DCEU as different as possible from the light-hearted Marvel movies, settling on a grim tone that has more or less failed to appeal to the general audiences. While the DCEU movies in that vein — Batman v. Superman, Suicide Squad, Man of Steel to an extent — were fairly successful at the box office, they paled in comparison to the success of Wonder Woman, which shed the gritty tone in favor of optimism and sincerity.

In recent months, Warner Bros. made the emphatic decision to take notes from Wonder Woman and inject the DCEU with a brighter tone, starting with Justice League. One of these tone shifts will reportedly take place with Cyborg, or Victor Stone, played by Ray Fisher.

Joe Morton, who plays Victor Stone’s father Silas Stone, told IGN that Cyborg’s character was adjusted because the studio felt the film was “too dark”:

“I know that with Ray [Fisher], the young man who plays Victor, there were some adjustments that they made in terms of the tone of that character. I think what I heard was that there was a need from the studio to lighten up the film in a way, that the film felt too dark. I don’t know what that meant in terms of how it actually got translated in terms of the reshoots but that’s what I heard. That’s what I thought some of the reshoots were about.”

Ben Affleck, who stars as Batman, recently called the process of using two directors “unorthodox” and said the end result was “an interesting product.” Actor Joe Morton (who plays Cyborg’s father) also admitted that the reshoots were done to lighten the movie’s tone. but now it could be that Whedon and his “significant reshoots” are re-configuring the plot as well, more than fans first assumed.

Arriving November 17, Justice League stars Ben Affleck as Batman, Henry Cavill as Superman, Amy Adams as Lois Lane, Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman, Jason Momoa as Aquaman, Ezra Miller as The Flash, Ray Fisher as Cyborg, Willem Dafoe as Vulko, Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, Jeremy Irons as Alfred Pennyworth, Diane Lane as Martha Kent, Connie Nielsen as Queen Hippolyta and J. K. Simmons as Commissioner Gordon.
http://www.slashfilm.com/justice-league ... borg-tone/

esteban miranda

Re: JUSTICE LEAGUE In All Kinds of Trouble?

#14 Post by esteban miranda »

I'm not a fan of "super hero" movies (although I've seen most) and I don't have any interest in this one either but just judging from the trailer I can't tell that this one is "worse" than any other "coming attraction". Do we insist on another Citizen Kane because of the ticket prices or because there is so much other "entertainment" vying for our attention that only a great movie justifies going to the theater? Anything wrong with a movie being just a mildly entertaining 100 minute diversion that doesn't need to be seen again?

AndyDursin

Re: JUSTICE LEAGUE In All Kinds of Trouble?

#15 Post by AndyDursin »

The problem is 95% of all major releases are the last sentence you wrote.