Look, Another STAR WARS Trilogy Confirmed!

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

Look, Another STAR WARS Trilogy Confirmed!

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

How could I miss this news? Marvel and Star Wars every year until we are all dead. Or the robots take over!

http://deadline.com/2017/11/star-wars-n ... 202204843/

jkholm

Re: Look, Another STAR WARS Trilogy Confirmed!

#2 Post by jkholm »

On the one hand, it's nice that these new movies will feature original characters in a new setting.

On the other hand, I am sick of Star Wars.

AndyDursin

#3 Post by AndyDursin »

Eric W.

#4 Post by Eric W. »

We all knew that the company that brought us Poca-freakin-hantas 3 and Cinderella 4 was going to take thing to an obscene level never before seen. ;) The marketing and money making juggernaut here is unprecedented. :lol:

Paul MacLean

#5 Post by Paul MacLean »

OK, when we were kids we did have a Flash Gordon movie and a Buck Rogers TV show (and of course Bond sequels), but at least Flash and Buck were presented in a re-imagined style (and, for all their faults, were at least fun and entertaining).

Today, everything -- particularly Star Wars -- has become so formulaic, and dour. Plus the original Star Wars was not just an adventure movie, it was also very funny. Was there a single moment of humor in The Force Awakens (much less Rogue One)?

Monterey Jack

#6 Post by Monterey Jack »

Paul MacLean wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:13 am Was there a single moment of humor in The Force Awakens (much less Rogue One)?
I'll give you Rogue One, but The Force Awakens was FULL of humor. :? I remember lots of big laugh reactions from the audience when i saw it on opening day.

Paul MacLean

#7 Post by Paul MacLean »

Monterey Jack wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:17 am
Paul MacLean wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:13 am Was there a single moment of humor in The Force Awakens (much less Rogue One)?
I'll give you Rogue One, but The Force Awakens was FULL of humor. :? I remember lots of big laugh reactions from the audience when i saw it on opening day.
I remember one gag, when the "garbage" ship turns out to be the Millennium Falcon. I don't recall much else that was funny.

I only saw it once of course, but what stuck in my mind was that the film was pretty downbeat -- billions of people dying when their planet is destroyed, the victory of the Rebel Alliance over the Empire having been for nothing, the Jedi being extinct, and Han Solo murdered by his own son. For me that movie was a real downer.

AndyDursin

#8 Post by AndyDursin »

Finally some GOOD news coming out of the STAR WARS series.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ria ... 07066.html
In the years since Johnson has remained pretty tight-lipped about his idea, simply repeating that he is working on the scripts and never gave any indication that the films wouldn’t see the light of the day.

That was until BANG Showbiz asked Johnson whether he had any plans to return to the Star Wars franchise, which provoked him to respond, “We’ll see. I am still talking to Lucasfilm and they are figuring out what they are doing. We’ll see what happens. I’ll be thrilled if it happens. I am working on my own stuff, too.”