HAPPYLAND MURDERS - Melissa McCarthy, Brian Henson & A Lawsuit

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

HAPPYLAND MURDERS - Melissa McCarthy, Brian Henson & A Lawsuit

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Saw this trailer in front of DEADPOOL 2 and was pretty much horrified Brian Henson would want to disgrace his father's memory by directing something like this (unless all the worst stuff is in this ad).

The Henson Company is actually a producer on this film -- but it's running into some problems because STX, the distributor, is directly referencing SESAME STREET in the trailer, leading to talk of a lawsuit (Lisa Henson, who runs the company, apparently is upset by the direct reference to the show in the marketing also, but STX has final say).

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/-sesam ... oing-drugs

If you havent seen the trailer, prepare to be grossed out -- especially by the last 15 seconds :evil:

Monterey Jack

Re: HAPPYLAND MURDERS - Melissa McCarthy, Brian Henson & A Lawsuit

#2 Post by Monterey Jack »

Melissa McCarthy is quickly becoming one of the worst, most self-indulgent "comedians" working today. She does have talent, but no one has the balls to say "No" to her anymore. :?

AndyDursin

#3 Post by AndyDursin »

I think she knows her shelf life is expiring as evidenced by continuously making movies with her hack husband, who has made all of her worst movies.

Plus she's now proving the Jonah Hill theory of what happens when plus sized comedians lose weight. The audience dropoff seems to coincide with such an event! :)

Monterey Jack

#4 Post by Monterey Jack »

AndyDursin wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 1:50 pm I think she knows her shelf life is expiring as evidenced by continuously making movies with her hack husband, who has made all of her worst movies.
I have not seen any of the movies directed by her husband, all of which look EXCRUCIATING (like that Back To School rip-off currently in theaters).
Plus she's now proving the Jonah Hill theory of what happens when plus sized comedians lose weight. The audience dropoff seems to coincide with such an event! :)
Reminds me of Jason Siegel in Sex Tape, where he lost so much weight he looked downright ill. :shock: It's also been odd seeing skinny John Goodman in recent years.

Funny, also, how Jonah Hill quickly put the excess weight back on after one or two movies with the skinnier bod. :lol:

AndyDursin

#5 Post by AndyDursin »

Yeah exactly, if she's smart she would do the same lol, but her ability to pick quality projects isn't going to help either.

KevinEK

#6 Post by KevinEK »

This movie was shot across the street from where I was working last summer on Shut Eye.
I knew some people who needed to go over there for various reasons and they'd always come back with a slightly dazed description of the scenes they were doing.
The basic idea always sounded ridiculous to me, and I'm not a McCarthy fan in any case.

Monterey Jack

#7 Post by Monterey Jack »

This is just a filthy riff on Roger Rabbit, which was genuinely clever and funny while still maintaining a PG rating (albeit an "80's PG" with some mildly risqué humor that wouldn't fly in a comparable kid's movie today). Imagine that film filled with cursing, nudity and violence. :| Hey, I laughed at Team America, but that film had some genuine cleverness underneath the raunch.

mkaroly

#8 Post by mkaroly »

All I can say after watching that trailer is....why? Utter garbage.

Eric Paddon

#9 Post by Eric Paddon »

In short, they've given us a feature length version of something like the infamous New Zoo Revue outtake!

Monterey Jack

#10 Post by Monterey Jack »

F