WAR OF THE WORLDS Trailer (actual footage) during Super Bowl

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

WAR OF THE WORLDS Trailer (actual footage) during Super Bowl

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Just caught a glimpse of the ad list for tomorrow's Super Bowl.

Around here, all folks are caring about is the game (huge, lifelong Patriots fan here!), but I was excited to see the WAR OF THE WORLDS trailer is going to be shown -- USA Today ran a still from the trailer showing a car being blown up or something, so I can only assume there will be ACTUAL FOOTAGE shown during this commercial.

Will have to make sure I'm paying attention during a break for appetizers or a brew :)

romanD

#2 Post by romanD »

there was the SB trailer online for a short time.. isn't all that great... you see about 5 secs of effects.. looks great how the huge bridge collapses, but that's it.
And well... it is so far just ID4 II... nothing else. Still don't know what to think of this...

AndyDursin

#3 Post by AndyDursin »

nd well... it is so far just ID4 II... nothing else. Still don't know what to think of this...
The second they announced this movie and that it was set in the present day, that's all I could think of: what's the point, especially when we've already done the alien invasion deal not that long ago with ID4?

I hope the film has something up its sleeve other than ID4 II.....sigh.

romanD

#4 Post by romanD »

yeah, probably it will be the tpyical-post-Jurassic Park-Spielberg thing about how good or bad or whatver the human race is and he uses the whole thing to make a statement about it. The movie will be advertised as an actioner, but in fact it is just a plain boring drama about crying people finding that they love each other in all this destruction. Yawn... and all will be dead serious!

Eric W.

#5 Post by Eric W. »

The trailer intruiged me. We shall see...