Disney Sets NATIONAL TREASURE TV Series With "Latina DREAMer" Lead and her "Diverse Group of Friends"

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

Disney Sets NATIONAL TREASURE TV Series With "Latina DREAMer" Lead and her "Diverse Group of Friends"

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

This is an ACTUAL description of the premise of this:
The project, from the films’ producer Jerry Bruckheimer and original writers Marianne and Cormac Wibberley, is a reimagining of the National Treasure franchise. Written by the Wibberleys and to be directed by Mira Nair (Vanity Fair), the series explores the timely issues of identity, community, historical authorship and patriotism, told from the point of view of Jess Morales, a twenty-year-old DREAMer who, with her diverse group of friends, sets off on the adventure of a lifetime to uncover her mysterious family history and recover lost treasure.
No more White Men in this dojo!!

https://deadline.com/2021/03/national-t ... 234720950/

Monterey Jack

Re: Disney Sets NATIONAL TREASURE TV Series With "Latina DREAMer" Lead and her "Diverse Group of Friends"

#2 Post by Monterey Jack »

If you're not 100% with this, Andy, you're a vile racist/sexist/homophobe/transphobe who deserves to be publicly shamed and have your livelihood stripped from you. :roll:

Edmund Kattak

Re: Disney Sets NATIONAL TREASURE TV Series With "Latina DREAMer" Lead and her "Diverse Group of Friends"

#3 Post by Edmund Kattak »

Wouldn't it be something if this whole Anschluss of woke and bad entertainment causes people to revert back to manual forms of activity again. Hell, because of this woke stuff and the lockdowns, I've gotten back into Amateur Radio, Scanners, Electronics, and other projects that I'd probably not complete or revisit if it were not for this stupidity.

Oh and the Progressive Car commercials featuring the the dude walking around with the "Condos $150K" sign commercial made me go back up to "Tech Toys" in Parsippany to get back into model building again. I haven't been there since the mid-90's and it looks like they cleaned up that strip mall, based on what I see in the commercial. :D
Indeed,
Ed

mkaroly

#4 Post by mkaroly »

What does DREAMer mean? Why is it partially capitalized?

My main hobbies are listening to music, running, and reading. One great thing about how bad the entertainment industry and media are (and have been for some time IMO) is that I read A LOT, and books provide so much more entertainment and are so much more thought-provoking on the whole. While I do watch sports and some PBS programming (Ken Burns stuff, Travels in Japan, etc.), I really don't miss TV/cable much at all. I can't talk about contemporary shows with anyone I work with, but I don't care. Lol...

AndyDursin

#5 Post by AndyDursin »

What is a Dreamer? When it comes to immigration reform, a “Dreamer” (often also spelled “DREAMer”) refers to an immigrant youth who qualifies for the Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors (DREAM) Act.
Brazenly political premise already.

mkaroly

#6 Post by mkaroly »

^^Ask a silly question...I figured it was an acronym for something but was lazy and didn't want to look it up. Lol...thank you!

jkholm

#7 Post by jkholm »

Edmund Kattak wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 5:34 pm Wouldn't it be something if this whole Anschluss of woke and bad entertainment causes people to revert back to manual forms of activity again. Hell, because of this woke stuff and the lockdowns, I've gotten back into Amateur Radio, Scanners, Electronics, and other projects that I'd probably not complete or revisit if it were not for this stupidity.
I've been buying and playing a lot more board games in the last year. Pandemic, in particular, is a lot of fun.

The predominance of woke enteriainment these days has made me almost completely ignore current American TV. I still watch TV but it's either classic shows (lots of sitcoms from the 60's) or international shows. I watched a lot of Brisith shows on Britbox for a while and now I'm watching a Korean drama and a japanese anime on Hulu, all blessedly free of identity politics.

sprocket

#8 Post by sprocket »

Not sure why people find American TV attractive these days... never mind anything else, full of violence, too. Bread and circuses, indeed.

I like watching Korean shows. If anything they are too traditional as far as gender roles are concerned, but can be very imaginative and based on human relationships, not action. (Not that they always work: bad writing is everywhere.) Watching Sisyphus:The Myth on Netflix now and while it has some major plot problems, the missile attack on Seoul was chilling. As good as, if not better, than anything you see on American TV.