Any re-release date for SUPERMAN Ultimate box set?

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
Jedbu

Any re-release date for SUPERMAN Ultimate box set?

#1 Post by Jedbu »

:? Has a re-release date been set for Warner's ultimate SUPERMAN set? I was all set to get it but with the goof up on two of the films I decided to wait but have yet to hear of a firm date for its release (sometime this month, I thought). Any word?
JDvDHeise

"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons."-Gene Wilder to Cleavon Little in BLAZING SADDLES

AndyDursin

#2 Post by AndyDursin »

No idea Jeff. I'm still waiting for my "return envelope mailer" to come back from Warner, which I asked for before Christmas...and I get the feeling I'll need to call again since the woman could barely understand a word I was saying!

Edmund Kattak

#3 Post by Edmund Kattak »

AndyDursin wrote:No idea Jeff. I'm still waiting for my "return envelope mailer" to come back from Warner, which I asked for before Christmas...and I get the feeling I'll need to call again since the woman could barely understand a word I was saying!
Incidentally, I received my replacement discs from Warner Home Video over two weeks ago (day after New years Day). So, they are coming. I like that the ultimate edition comes in the cool silver cookie tin. Makes me want to store some Oreos in it.
Indeed,
Ed

mkaroly

#4 Post by mkaroly »

I got my disc from Warners but they also included SUPERMAN III even though I didn't buy the Ultimate set- I only sent them the SUPERMAN THE MOVIE disc. So I guess it was either a mistake or a "bonus". Now I hae SUPERMAN III in all it's widescreen glory.....

AndyDursin

#5 Post by AndyDursin »

I called again mid-January and received my return mailer LAST WEEK! :shock: :lol:

So I'm waiting...hopefully it won't take as long this time!

And Michael, there are far worse things than SUPERMAN III.....like SUPERMAN IV!! :wink:

mkaroly

#6 Post by mkaroly »

AndyDursin wrote:I called again mid-January and received my return mailer LAST WEEK! :shock: :lol:

So I'm waiting...hopefully it won't take as long this time!

And Michael, there are far worse things than SUPERMAN III.....like SUPERMAN IV!! :wink:
True....very true....I have heard such awful things about it that I won't watch it. I don't want to see his last stint as Superman if it's that bad...lol.

Carlson2005

#7 Post by Carlson2005 »

Okay, before I send off my discs to a friend in the States to send to Warners for Warners to send him the replacements to send to me (gee, thanks for making it so easy, WHV: at least Universal mailed 'em overseas when they screwed up Back to the Future), just so I don't send off a disc I don't need to, while I know the Superman III is wrong, how do I tell if I've got a corrected Superman I since it has two English audios?

I'm getting really confused here and I'm wondering if I should just send 'em both... :roll:

AndyDursin

#8 Post by AndyDursin »

Carlson2005 wrote:Okay, before I send off my discs to a friend in the States to send to Warners for Warners to send him the replacements to send to me (gee, thanks for making it so easy, WHV: at least Universal mailed 'em overseas when they screwed up Back to the Future), just so I don't send off a disc I don't need to, while I know the Superman III is wrong, how do I tell if I've got a corrected Superman I since it has two English audios?

I'm getting really confused here and I'm wondering if I should just send 'em both... :roll:
The 2.0 track is supposed to be the '78 sound mix -- if it sounds exactly like the 5.1 track with those added, "enhanced" whooshing sound effects (from the 2001 mix), then that's the erroneous pressing.

Carlson2005

#9 Post by Carlson2005 »

So the wrong 2.0 is the one with the safe door slamming over the 'S' logo and other silly add-on gubbins, then?

AndyDursin

#10 Post by AndyDursin »

Carlson2005 wrote:So the wrong 2.0 is the one with the safe door slamming over the 'S' logo and other silly add-on gubbins, then?
Exactly...including that EXTRA-loud "whoosh" when Richard Donner's name shows up in the front credits! :lol:

Jedbu

Bit the bullet and bought it!

#11 Post by Jedbu »

:? Fry's is selling it for $75, so I decided to finally get the thing. Surprisingly, the discs inside were the goofed up ones (that might explain the lower price-try to get them out of the warehouse) so I called WHV to get the mailer for the replacements and the mailer was there in two days! The discs were shipped off the next day so I hope they will come back soon. Gotta say-the Fleischer cartoons look stunning, and I do like the recut first film-now to sit and watch the Donner cut of II.

Bill Williams

#12 Post by Bill Williams »

Word is now official: The Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition is set to return to stores May 29th! Price tag $99.92. The re-release (also touted as Version 2.0) will have the corrected versions of "Superman: The Movie" with the original 1978 sound mix in 2.0 sound and the "Superman III" Deluxe Edition release. There will also be identification on the disc to indicate the corrected editions - possibly a sticker and/or different UPC code. All this from The Digital Bits. Mark your calendars! :D
I have in my heart what it takes to run with the big dogs in this life, and nobody can say otherwise.

Eric Paddon

#13 Post by Eric Paddon »

Will the individual disc of the movie though have an identifying sticker too? I'm waiting to get this version until I know for certain I've got a fixed copy because I won't go the route of getting a wrong one and having to ask for a replacement.

Jedbu

Got the replacements!

#14 Post by Jedbu »

:) Replacements arrived Friday, after about one week. Both are correct, and both look and sound great. Thanks WHV.