PLANES TRAINS & AUTOMOBILES "Over 75 Minutes of Deleted Scenes" on Upcoming 4K UHD

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

PLANES TRAINS & AUTOMOBILES "Over 75 Minutes of Deleted Scenes" on Upcoming 4K UHD

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Looks like we'll finally (hopefully) see what Steve Martin's long said about John Candy's performance and how much story was left on the cutting room floor.

This is one of those perennials that I still find appealing to visit every year -- but unlike some of the other holiday mainstays, I do think the film is cut too tight and lacks development.

Eric Paddon

Re: PLANES TRAINS & AUTOMOBILES "Over 75 Minutes of Deleted Scenes" on Upcoming 4K UHD/Blu-Ray

#2 Post by Eric Paddon »

I always knew there was cut material from the beginning since I remember the trailer having two scenes that were never in the film (one showing Steve Martin going, "Two happy clams, whistling down the road!"). But reading up years later just how extensive things were was a real revelation. And Paul Hirschs's chapter in his book on how they finally came up with the ending was really fascinating.

Definitely will get this.

Eric W.

Re: PLANES TRAINS & AUTOMOBILES "Over 75 Minutes of Deleted Scenes" on Upcoming 4K UHD/Blu-Ray

#3 Post by Eric W. »

I'm eager to see it.

AndyDursin

Re: PLANES TRAINS & AUTOMOBILES "Over 75 Minutes of Deleted Scenes" on Upcoming 4K UHD

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

Note this is a 4K UHD exclusive -- the bonus disc is in Blu-Ray format, but there's no remastered Blu-Ray of the movie itself coming (at least not that I'm aware of or listed in this press release):
Written and directed by the incomparable John Hughes, the celebrated comedy PLANES, TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES comes in for a landing on 4K Ultra HD for the first time ever on November 22, 2022 from Paramount Home Entertainment.

Originally released on November 25, 1987, PLANES, TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES celebrates its 35th anniversary this year. Starring comedy greats Steve Martin and John Candy, the uproarious film has become a beloved holiday classic.

Newly remastered on 4K Ultra HD with Dolby Vision™ and HDR-10, PLANES, TRAINS AND AUTOMOBILES looks better than ever and is packaged with a bonus “LOST LUGGAGE” Blu-ray Disc™ containing over an hour of never-before-seen deleted and extended scenes that were recently discovered in the archives of writer, producer and director John Hughes. The newly uncovered footage offers a unique glimpse into the filmmaking and editing process and features even more hilarious moments between Steve Martin and John Candy.

In addition to the newly discovered footage, the bonus Blu-ray Disc also includes Dylan Baker’s original audition for the character of Owen. The 4K Ultra HD Disc includes the feature film and the following legacy bonus content:

· Getting There is Half the Fun: The Story of Planes, Trains and Automobiles

· John Hughes: Life Moves Pretty Fast (2-Part Documentary):

John Hughes: The Voice of a Generation
Heartbreak and Triumph: The Legacy of John Hughes

· John Hughes for Adults

· A Tribute to John Candy

The release also includes access to a Digital copy of the film.

Chris Shaneyfelt

#5 Post by Chris Shaneyfelt »

Love this film and watch it with my family every year. I'm also looking forward to seeing the extra footage!

We constantly quoted this movie when I was in jr. high. "Her last baby come out sideways. She didn't scream or nothin'."