JAWS 2 - Deleted Scenes, Books, Appreciation Thread!

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
Eric Paddon

Re: JAWS 2 Deleted Scenes, Unique To Brazilian TV Broadcast

#16 Post by Eric Paddon »

I may be past the point now. It's no harm no foul with me if that happened, but I'll probably wait a bit until the mood hits me (I'm still waiting for the book on the making of "The Birds"!)

AndyDursin

Re: JAWS 2 Deleted Scenes, Unique To Brazilian TV Broadcast

#17 Post by AndyDursin »

Just to follow up: there is yet a 3RD EDITION of this book with full color photos -- if anyone is going to buy this, I'd definitely spring for this because the quality of the printing is just "meh" on the other versions.

Note I paid significantly less for a copy off Ebay (there also hardcover and softcover versions):

http://www.bearmanormedia.com/jaws-2-ma ... h=jaws%202

AndyDursin

Re: JAWS 2 - Deleted Scenes, Books, Appreciation Thread!

#18 Post by AndyDursin »

Reupping this old thread -- someone found even more deleted footage in the Brazilian VHS release of JAWS 2 that's entirely unique to that version, and did not even air in the ABC expanded TV edit.

It's English subbed because it was dubbed, but there are a few interesting fragments including, at 3:45, Hendricks retrieving the camera from the missing divers (not shown at all in any US version):

Eric Paddon

#19 Post by Eric Paddon »

I wish someone would write a monograph or book thing on the matter of movies that were expanded in their TV broadcasts with new footage to give us a convenient reference database on what footage should be extant even if just from a TV broadcast recording.

andy b

#20 Post by andy b »

Eric Paddon wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:21 pm I wish someone would write a monograph or book thing on the matter of movies that were expanded in their TV broadcasts with new footage to give us a convenient reference database on what footage should be extant even if just from a TV broadcast recording.
Eric
Not a book, but an old friend who used to be a buyer for the BBC, sent me this list of films that he personally saw the extended versions for, some have explanations already on the web & some, well a bit of a mystery? He told me in some cases footage was added to remove language or violence & some to extend running times as the USA at one point were buying by the minute where as Europe did not do that. He told me except for the Eiger Sanction the BBC did not play any of the altered versions & who also thinks that ITV passed on them as well.

Kind of interesting & I am sure there are plenty more out there in way or another? Not on my friends list but my old Australian opposite number had the strange Mad Max 2 cut that used lots of alternate footage? no idea if that was Warner Brothers editing or maybe something from Kennedy - Miller?

kind of fun to know somewhere there are these copies? Personally would like to see Jaws, Jaws 2, The Deep & Superman 2 & 3, the rest I can pass on.

Regards
Andy b

Superman The Movie – available Warner Archive
Superman 2
Superman 3
Airport 1975
Airport 1977
Airport 80 (or Airport 79 depending where the release was)
King Kong 1976 – available on Shout Factory release
Midway (aka Battle of the Midway) 1976 – available Indicator Power House
Earthquake – available Shout Factory release
The Deep
The Towering Inferno
They Might Be Giants – Kino is supposed to be complete however running time is still 91 minutes? Indicator Power House have a January 2023 release stating 85m, 91m + 98m versions
The Eiger Sanction – UK first BBC showing had numerous scene extensions once at the mountain
Death Wish 2 – available on Umbrella release + new 4K package (Unconfirmed)
Cheech & Chong Next Movie
Planes Trains & Automobiles
Naked Gun 2
Fast Times at Ridgemont High
Aliens – available in most Alien box sets as the Cameron full cut
Star Trek The Motion Picture – available in limited box set
Star Trek 2 – available in extended edition
Star Trek 3
The Godfather – A Novel for television – VHS release – Not sure about USA but was out in Europe
Water World – available Arrow edition included TV version + “fan cut”
The Goonies
Gremlins
Mall Rats
Breakfast Club
Wired Science – available on Arrow edition
1941 – available on Universal disc
Pulp Fiction – shown in some broadcasts with Dick Miller sequence put back in?
Airplane
Two Minute Warning – Indicator Power House or Imprint have this or it is coming?
Jaws
Jaws 2
Damnation Alley
Every Which Way But Loose
Any Which Way You Can
The Swarm – Available Warner Archive
When Time Ran Out
Born in East LA
Blazing Saddles

Paul MacLean

#21 Post by Paul MacLean »

Comment moved to the "Extended Editions" thread.

viewtopic.php?p=91001#p91001