INDIANA JONES & THE DIAL OF DESTINY To Rival "John Carter" As Disney's Biggest Bomb

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
Monterey Jack

Re: INDIANA JONES 5 - Variety Confirms Doomcock's Disastrous Test Screenings Report

#76 Post by Monterey Jack »

^ That clip gets funnier every time I watch it. :lol:

AndyDursin

Re: INDIANA JONES 5 - Variety Confirms Doomcock's Disastrous Test Screenings Report

#77 Post by AndyDursin »

Doomcock has confirmed the previously leaked online ending that not only is Phoebe Waller-Bridge "the new Indiana Jones" at the end of the film (after lecturing Indy throughout the entire movie and "being right" a la Rey in Star Wars), but she's DIGITALLY INSERTED INTO A MONTAGE OF MOMENTS FROM THE ORIGINAL MOVIES at the end! :twisted: :twisted:

Yes, test audiences have seen this -- witnessed Phoebe in RAIDERS as if Indiana Jones NEVER EXISTED all to the strains of John Williams' classic theme. :evil: :evil:

This ending apparently is causing major fights at Disney because Kennedy, who is hell bent on destroying male-led franchises and characters, wants it ended that way and test audiences want to throw **** at the screen.

There are multiple other endings that all end in a similar manner but this "Phoebe Montage" where she takes the place of Indiana Jones in RAIDERS, TEMPLE OF DOOM and LAST CRUSADE is apparently real and not just an internet fantasy.

Regardless of what they do, the movie itself sounds horrendous, they've spent nearly a billion on it and various reshoots (multiple ones) to no avail seemingly.

Monterey Jack

#78 Post by Monterey Jack »

Every fan - male OR female - come summer, 2023...

Monterey Jack

#79 Post by Monterey Jack »

It's amazing Indy 5 will end up costing close to a BILLION dollars once Disney has stopped endlessly re-shooting it (including marketing, which hasn't even started in earnest yet), meaning it'd have to make THREE billion to be considered "profitable". :shock: Kingdom Of The Crystal Skull topped out at $790 million. And if the hideous rumors about the ending are true, it's gonna tank like crazy in its second weekend.

Paul MacLean

#80 Post by Paul MacLean »

I wonder, will that montage of Waller-Bridge acting-out iconic moments from the Indiana Jones movies include the college girls flirting with Indy during his lecture, and the love scene with Marion?

Monterey Jack

#81 Post by Monterey Jack »

Paul MacLean wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 2:48 am I wonder, will that montage of Waller-Bridge acting-out iconic moments from the Indiana Jones movies include the college girls flirting with Indy during his lecture, and the love scene with Marion?
Well, of COURSE her character's gonna be a lesbian! :lol:

Monterey Jack

#82 Post by Monterey Jack »

Were it not for the rumors about the ending, I'd say that this looks...not bad. :shock: At least it looks like it was shot OUTSIDE, for the most part.

John Johnson

#83 Post by John Johnson »

Monterey Jack wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:37 pm

Were it not for the rumors about the ending, I'd say that this looks...not bad. :shock: At least it looks like it was shot OUTSIDE, for the most part.
I believe the Manhattan scenes were filmed in Glasgow.
London. Greatest City in the world.

AndyDursin

#84 Post by AndyDursin »

You're seriously excited by that? Anybody can get it together for a 2 minute trailer, but I disagree, I don't think it looks naturalistic or promising at all. The CG during the "parade chase" looks terribly phony. Bunch of cute one liners and....oooooo....PIANO TINKLING OF THE ORIGINAL THEME? Oh man where have I seen that before!?!

Sure looks like another Disney-fied corporate product relying on the audience's love of all things past, without the series' key creative personnel, save its about-to-retire composer, having a single thing to do with it.

At this point, I just have zero motivation to pay money to see a glorified Disney+ pilot. :cry:

Monterey Jack

#85 Post by Monterey Jack »

I know that, even if I hadn't deliberately read all of Doomcock's...uh, doomsaying about the direction of the plot, my expectations about this would be pretty low, but, dammit...it's Harrison Ford! As Indiana Jones! As much as I hate myself for it, just seeing him in that costume again just gives me pleasurable tingles. That makes me a soft touch (and it's this kind of deep-set nostalgia Disney's fervently counting on to get at least one good weekend out of this at the box office), but it's hard to resist. :oops: God knows I'll most likely pay for a ticket to see this (especially as my brother and I have seen pretty much all of the SW and Indiana Jones stuff together in theaters going back to the 80s).

AndyDursin

#86 Post by AndyDursin »

So much CGI. Watch the trailer again its all processed Disney Marvel computer visuals with elderly Harrison Ford in it. Looks just as phony as Crystal Skull probably more so.

Paul MacLean

#87 Post by Paul MacLean »

For me, this movie is nothing more than a "showroom" where I can sample John Williams' score to see if it's worth picking up! :lol:

mkaroly

#88 Post by mkaroly »

Zero interest in seeing this...and zero interest in supporting Disney's agenda (let alone KK's agenda). Pass.
Last edited by mkaroly on Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris Shaneyfelt

#89 Post by Chris Shaneyfelt »

Paul MacLean wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:43 am For me, this movie is nothing more than a "showroom" where I can sample John Williams' score to see if it's worth picking up! :lol:
I'm also interested in hearing the new (and perhaps last) John Williams score. The question is whether I can work up to caring enough to sit through "Dial of Destiny"! "Last Crusade" ended on such a high note (perhaps my favorite Indy film) and "Crystal Skull" was so disappointing. The rumors I've read here about the controversial ending sound dismal.

AndyDursin

#90 Post by AndyDursin »

Yes!