Imprint/ViaVision (Australia) Thread: New Announcements

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

Re: Imprint (Australia) Thread: September New Releases Announced

#106 Post by AndyDursin »

October releases up:

Eric Paddon

Re: Imprint (Australia) Thread: October New Releases Announced

#107 Post by Eric Paddon »

Warning Shot's already been announced by Kino Lorber so no need to pick up the Imprint version.

I had a look at "Testament" recently on the old DVD release. A truly meandering pointless film from my standpoint because like "The Day After" the overall purpose wasn't a compelling storyline but a political agenda. That to me is the key difference between those 80s films and "On The Beach" which is a compelling *story* set in the aftermath of a nuclear war. The purpose of "Testament" was to just have you get depressed and then be motivated to go out and demand a unilateral nuclear-freeze and denounce Ronald Reagan as a warmonger.

AndyDursin

Re: Imprint (Australia) Thread: October New Releases Announced

#108 Post by AndyDursin »

Couple of box sets amongst this month's announcements for November.

Eric Paddon

Re: Imprint (Australia) Thread: November Announcements

#109 Post by Eric Paddon »

My copies of "On The Beach" and "Naked Jungle" arrived today. I started with a supplement on "On The Beach" featuring outtakes, trims and costume tests that were discovered in 2018. Most of the material is extraneous (some is silent) but we get several tantalizing deleted scenes from the final print of the movie, all of them clearing up one plot hole in the narrative regarding the fact that Ava Gardner's father has a farm she invites Peck to but in the final print this only comes up in a moment where there is no previous context. It's always fascinating to see lost deleted scenes from a movie surface especially from a film this old! Also a trim of an unused scene of an empty children's playground that wasn't used in the final montage of the picture. Kino Lorber may eventually upgrade this (their old Blu-Ray was a pretty bad release) but I'm glad I got a headstart by getting this release. Of all of Stanley Kramer's preachy "message" films this is the only one I really find myself enjoying because of the great performances (this is honestly the last time Ava Gardner looked this spectacular) and the amazing dignity and restraint in the script.

AndyDursin

#110 Post by AndyDursin »

John Johnson

#111 Post by John Johnson »

AndyDursin wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:51 am
Special Features and Technical Specs:

1080p high-definition presentation from the original 35mm elements
Collectable double-sided Hardbox packaging LIMITED to 1500 copies
120-page booklet featuring essay by Dick Fiddy of the British Film Institute and Story Information for every episode taken from the original studio files
Original ‘as broadcast’ mono audio tracks (LPCM)
Original ‘as broadcast’ “The Avengers in Color” opening slate on Series 5 episodes
Audio Commentary on “The Town of No Return” by producer / writer Brian Clemens and director Roy Ward Baker
Audio Commentary on “The Master Minds” by writer Robert Banks Stewart
Audio Commentary on “Dial A Deadly Number” by writer Roger Marshall
Audio Commentary on “The Hour That Never Was” by director Gerry O’Hara
Audio Commentary on “The House That Jack Built” by director Don Leaver
Audio Commentary on “The Winged Avenger” by writer Richard Harris
Audio Commentary on “Epic” by guest actor Peter Wyngarde
NEW Audio Commentary on “The Joker” by filmmakers Sam Clemens and George Clemens (sons of writer/producer Brian Clemens) (2022)
Audio Commentary on “Return of The Cybernauts” by Diana Rigg’s stunt-double Cyd Child
Audio Commentary on “Murdersville” by producer / writer Brian Clemens
Filmed introductions to eight Series 5 episodes by producer / writer Brian Clemens
Filmed introduction to “The ₤50,000 Breakfast” by guest actress Anneke Wills
Brief audio recollection from guest actor Francis Matthews on filming “The Thirteenth Hole”
“THE AVENGERS AT 50” – Footage captured from the 50th anniversary celebration of the series, held at Chichester University in 2011. Includes: video message from Patrick Macnee, interviews with producer / writer Brian Clemens, director Don Leaver (never before released), director Gerry O’Hara (never before released), stunt co-ordinator Raymond Austin, guest actress Carol Cleveland, guest actress Anneke Wills, writer Roger Marshall, and Patrick Macnee’s biographer Marie Cameron
“Dame Diana Rigg at the BFI” – 2015 on-stage interview and Q&A held at the British Film Institute in London to celebrate 50 years of Emma Peel
“The Series Of No Return” – audio interview with actress Elizabeth Shepherd, who was originally cast as Emma Peel
Granada Plus Points featuring actor Patrick Macnee, composer Laurie Johnson, writer Roger Marshall and stunt-double Cyd Child
Bonus Series 6 episode “The Forget-Me-Knot” – Emma Peel’s final story and the introduction of Tara King
“K Is For Kill” – excerpt from The New Avengers episode featuring appearances by Emma Peel
ARCHIVAL MATERIAL

Armchair Theatre episode “The Hothouse” starring Diana Rigg (the performance that led to Rigg’s casting as Emma Peel in The Avengers
Chessboard Opening Title sequence used on US broadcasts for Series 4
German and French title sequences
Series 4 UK Commercial Break Bumper slates
Alternative titles / credits / end tag of select Series 4 episodes
Series 4 Commercial Break Bumpers
Production trims from select Series 5 episodes
“The Strange Case Of The Missing Corpse” – Series 5 teaser film
German television interview with Patrick Macnee and Diana Rigg by Joachim Fuchsberger
Colourisation test footage for “Death At Bargain Prices” and “A Touch Of Brimstone”
Reconstructed John Stamp Series 4 trailer
“They’re Back” Trailers, Series 5 Trailer and Series 5 German Cinema Trailer
Extensive Photo Galleries from the studio archives
1973 Interview with Diana Rigg discussing her US sitcom Diana, and leaving The Avengers
Original Aspect Ratio 1.33:1, b&w / colour
Audio English LPCM 2.0 Mono
English subtitles for the Hard of Hearing (Series 4 & 5 episodes only)
BONUS DISC 1: ADDITIONAL SPECIAL FEATURES

More interviews from “THE AVENGERS AT 50” including composer Laurie Johnson, writer and guest actor Jeremy Burnham, stunt-double Cyd Child, and a screenwriters’ panel discussion featuring Brian Clemens, Richard Harris, Richard Bates and Terrance Dicks
“Brian Clemens In Conversation” – on-stage interview at the British Film Institute in London discussing his early writing career
Diana Rigg German Super8 films: “Das Diadem”, “Minikillers”, “Der Goldene Schlüssell”
Extensive Photo Gallery from The Avengers Fashion Show
Diana Rigg Photo Gallery
BONUS DISC 2: THE ORIGINAL EPISODES FILE

Featuring the 4 original episodes from the Cathy Gale era of the series which were remade in Series 5: “Death Of A Great Dane”, “Don’t Look Behind You”, “Dressed To Kill” and “The Charmers” (Standard Definition)
Audio Commentary by writer Roger Marshall on “Death Of A Great Dane”
Audio Commentary by actress Honor Blackman and UK presenter Paul O’Grady on “Don’t Look Behind You”
Filmed introduction by Patrick Macnee and Honor Blackman to “Don’t Look Behind You”
“Tunnel Of Fear” – a full-length, previously lost episode from Series 1, recovered in 2016
“THE AVENGERS AT 50” – interview with Honor Blackman by Paul O’Grady

https://viavision.com.au/shop/the-aveng ... tfr3keI-to
London. Greatest City in the world.

AndyDursin

#112 Post by AndyDursin »

Couple of interest herein:

Eric Paddon

Re: Imprint (Australia) Thread: December Announcements

#113 Post by Eric Paddon »

I'm going to have to get "The Eagle Has Landed" for the first official release of the expanded version.

AndyDursin

Re: Imprint (Australia) Thread: December Announcements

#114 Post by AndyDursin »

Imprint is taking off January but has announced February's titles, including the worst BAD NEWS BEARS sequel.

John Johnson

#115 Post by John Johnson »

AndyDursin wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 11:51 am
I placed my order today. It will be interesting to see the quality of the Honor Blackman episodes. The last time I watched these, they were on the COZI channels, low quality episodes on a low quality station. Hopefully, this release will open the doors to the rest of the series.

AndyDursin

Re: Imprint (Australia) Thread: February Announcements

#116 Post by AndyDursin »

March releases:

Monterey Jack

Re: Imprint (Australia) Thread: New Announcements

#117 Post by Monterey Jack »

...also coming to Kino in superior 4K transfers six months later. :lol:

andy b

#118 Post by andy b »

Did a trade & have some Imprints from box sets that are no use to me, maybe someone here they appeal to & a trade?
Odd Couple 2
Odd Couple Classic Episodes
Are You Being Served
Steptoe & Son
Steptoe & Son Ride Again

regards
Andy b

John Johnson

#119 Post by John Johnson »

My copy of The Avengers arrived today.

Eric Paddon

#120 Post by Eric Paddon »

Avengers arrived in time for me to have it under the Tree to open as a gift, and "The Eagle Has Landed" arrived today.