Imprint/ViaVision (Australia) Thread: New Announcements

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

Re: Imprint (Australia) Thread: New Announcements

#121 Post by AndyDursin »

Interesting Universal compilation there with THE ADVENTURE COLLECTION to go along with another Film Noir box (with numerous first-time format premieres) and the first Blu-Ray release of the strange (and kind of creepy, albeit unsuccessful) HAUNTING OF JULIA.

AndyDursin

#122 Post by AndyDursin »

Imprint sent off THE EAGLE HAS LANDED and FEAR IS THE KEY for review this month.

The extended cut of EAGLE is an upscaled-from-DVD standard definition master :( They did encode it as an AVC file but the transfer is no better than DVD. I have no issue with this if it's the only thing they had available, but it's a situation where they should be upfront about what they are releasing. There was no need to re-encode it as this massive file driving up the price of this set when the quality is so poor.

Good extras though at least. The theatrical cut probably has a better encode than the Shout release also.

Eric Paddon

#123 Post by Eric Paddon »

Since this was the first ever release I'm aware of of the extended version (at least one that's playable in a US machine) I was just glad to finally get it in that format (there was a PAL sped-up version on YT). And the standard theatrical cut had a commentary that wasn't on Shout's release.

I'm passing on these new releases.

John Johnson

#124 Post by John Johnson »

Eric Paddon wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:38 pm Since this was the first ever release I'm aware of of the extended version (at least one that's playable in a US machine) I was just glad to finally get it in that format (there was a PAL sped-up version on YT). And the standard theatrical cut had a commentary that wasn't on Shout's release.

I still have my UK DVD of the special edition. At some point, I will upgrade.

London. Greatest City in the world.

John Johnson

#125 Post by John Johnson »

Australian label Via Vision Entertainment has announced that it is preparing Blu-ray release of Pumping Iron (1977) and Rawhide: The Complete First Season (1959). The two releases will be available for purchase this March.

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=32145

AndyDursin

#126 Post by AndyDursin »

Older fare with several premieres coming up:

John Johnson

#127 Post by John Johnson »

Eric Paddon wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:38 pm Since this was the first ever release I'm aware of of the extended version (at least one that's playable in a US machine) I was just glad to finally get it in that format (there was a PAL sped-up version on YT). And the standard theatrical cut had a commentary that wasn't on Shout's release.

The limited Edition is now sold out at Via Vision, but copies are still around, both in the US and in Australia.

John Johnson

Via Vision Entertainment - New Releases August

#128 Post by John Johnson »

Australian label Via Vision Entertainment has announced its August batch of Blu-ray releases. They are: Australian label Via Vision Entertainment has announced its June batch of 4K Blu-ray and Blu-ray releases. They are: Searching for Bobby Fischer (1993), Blue Car (2003), Mrs. Parker and the Vicious Circle (1994), Film Focus: Jennifer Connelly (1991-2003), and Film Focus: Jessica Lange (1982-1995).

All titles will be available for purchase on August 30.

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=32633

AndyDursin

Re: Via Vision Entertainment - New Releases August

#129 Post by AndyDursin »

Imprint releases:

This Jennifer Connelly box doesn't interest me much. The Jessica Lange one has more compelling films in it.

BLUE CAR -- Always liked Agnes Bruckner. Never heard of this one!

SEARCHING FOR BOBBY FISCHER -- Superb Horner score. Good movie also.

John Johnson

Re: Imprint/ViaVision (Australia) Thread: New Announcements

#130 Post by John Johnson »

For those that missed the Limited Edition, the Standard Edition has just been announced.

Release date 14th August.

https://viavision.com.au/shop/the-aveng ... d-edition/