New Oscar Diversity Rules "Ridiculous"

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

New Oscar Diversity Rules "Ridiculous"

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

:lol: :lol:

AndyDursin

Re: New Oscar Diversity Rules "Ridiculous"

#2 Post by AndyDursin »

So among other things...if someone wanted to make a historical film about a certain group of people and there weren't any Lbqbrhebs+ characters, it's not winning any Oscar's.

Hopefully they will now throw out all previous winners too that did not have these elements. :lol:

Monterey Jack

#3 Post by Monterey Jack »

No one will stand for this. I don't care how much Hollywood is pursuing the favor of Twitter morons.

mkaroly

#4 Post by mkaroly »

This announcement makes me feel like those who are wanting Hollywood to return to some semblance of sanity are, ultimately, a vocal minority who are not having a significant effect on the issue. It also makes me feel that the Oscars, as irrelevant as they were before, have reached the lowest depth in the pit of irrelevance. Talk about shooting creativity in the foot!

Hollywood is doubling down on its determination to forward its agenda...all I can say is if you don't support it, don't support the industry. Don't pay to see the movies; don't watch the Oscars. Don't support the agenda.

Paul MacLean

#5 Post by Paul MacLean »

So, according to their new rules, Chariots of Fire would not be eligible for Best Picture...but Ghost Dad would.

Monterey Jack

#6 Post by Monterey Jack »

It's like a broke gambler doubling down on his debts at this point. NO ONE outside of the Twitter Sphere really wants any of his hardcore diversity crap, but Hollywood THINKS we do, so they're gonna ramming it down our throats despite the sharply dwindling box office and mediocre viewership on TV for aggressively woke movies and programming. :x