THE EXORCIST 4K UHD - An Unholy Loss of Special Features

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

THE EXORCIST 4K UHD - An Unholy Loss of Special Features

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Starting a specific thread to this and it's insane -- if you are in the USA and you thought you'd be getting a 4K UHD with all the extras from past releases...you're getting a commentary. THAT'S IT. No other release outside variations in packaging and such. :( And speaking of that, like MJ and I mentioned in the cover art thread, the art sucks.

The Collector's Editions overseas have UHDs & Blu-Rays -- but they're mostly all sold out and the only shot you'll have is finding one at a boutique importer the day they get them into stock. And even then, they probably won't have more than a handful of copies. I was able to buy one from a Canadian retailer but we'll see if they deliver.

Warner doing this is just so unfathomable to me, especially for a classic film like this. This used to be the best label at carrying forth legacy supplements and now they're giving us commentaries. And that's it on some recent 4K UHD discs.

Anyway, keep an eye out for imports -- or just hang onto your Blu-Rays.

US standard release:

UK releases:

4-Disc Steelbook

5-Disc Steelbook in even more limited leather packaging (this is the 2000 copy Amazon UK exclusive I bought from Canada)

*If all else fails -- Standard UK UHD is a 4-DISC just missing the 5th disc (40th Anniversary documentaries) and at least has original artwork