THE ROCKETEER Disney Channel Special (1991)

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

THE ROCKETEER Disney Channel Special (1991)

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Dusted this off from my vault -- fun to see especially given there's never been any extras produced for a home video release of this one!

Chris Shaneyfelt

Re: THE ROCKETEER Disney Channel Special (1991)

#2 Post by Chris Shaneyfelt »

AndyDursin wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:11 pm Dusted this off from my vault -- fun to see especially given there's never been any extras produced for a home video release of this one!
This is great, Andy - thank you so much for posting it! I remember watching The Rocketeer in the theater and falling in love with the film, the score, and Jennifer Connelly, of course!

Monterey Jack

#3 Post by Monterey Jack »

*sigh*

AndyDursin

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

Jen Prime right there.

It's funny, how many of these actresses look their healthiest, most natural and best early on before they start worrying about their weight and Hollywood gives them a makeover (it's pretty clear Jen had her nose worked on also).

Charlize Theron is another one. She's a lot "softer" around the edges back in THE DEVIL'S ADVOCATE, 2 DAYS IN THE VALLEY (which just came out on disc) and TRIAL AND ERROR, and a lot sexier.

Monterey Jack

#5 Post by Monterey Jack »

AndyDursin wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:59 am It's funny, how many of these actresses look their healthiest, most natural and best early on before they start worrying about their weight and Hollywood gives them a makeover (it's pretty clear Jen had her nose worked on also).
It's equally funny (sad, more like) how so many people have accused me of being "shallow" or "sexist" for noting how gaunt and unhealthy Connelly has looked since Requiem For A Dream. If a MALE actor suddenly showed up looking like Christian Bale in The Machinist (and not even for a movie role), people would be allowed to point it out and wonder if they were ill, but with actresses, it's somehow "uncouth" to comment on them looking like a skeleton with skin stretched over it. :(

This is why women like Elisabeth Shue or Michelle Pfeiffer still look great for their ages, because they didn't starve themselves or mutilate her faces in a vain attempt to look 25 for all eternity.