Scott Pilgrim, the anime...!

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
Monterey Jack

Scott Pilgrim, the anime...!

#1 Post by Monterey Jack »

The ENTIRE CAST of the film is coming back to voice their characters, as well. :shock:

I love the movie to death (I don't think there's a movie released since 2010 I've watched more times), but there's room for another adaptation, especially as the film condensed the events of the books - which took place over the course of an entire year - into what seemed like just a few weeks. Color me excited. :)

AndyDursin

Re: Scott Pilgrim, the anime...!

#2 Post by AndyDursin »

Something to watch on Netflix!??! Could it be??

Monterey Jack

#3 Post by Monterey Jack »

Monterey Jack

#4 Post by Monterey Jack »

This looks soooooooooooooooooooo good.

Monterey Jack

#5 Post by Monterey Jack »

10/10

This was tremendously entertaining, not just a straight adaptation of the movie (or graphic novels that inspired it), but an alternate timeline "What If?" that branches off at the point Scott engages in his first "boss battle" with Evil Ex #1, Matthew Patel, and recontextualizes the story entirely. The animation is gorgeous, bursting with color and fluid movement, and the film cast clearly relishes reprising their roles over thirteen(!) years later with engaged performances. And, at only eight episodes under a half-hour each, it never overstays its welcome. Set to a spangly soundtrack by Anamanaguchi (who also provided the terrific music for the Scott Pilgrim video game), and with some fun vocal cameos, Scott Pilgrim Takes Off gets a very high recommendation.