Die Hard - The Greatest Christmas Story Ever Told

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
John Johnson

Die Hard - The Greatest Christmas Story Ever Told

#1 Post by John Johnson »

London. Greatest City in the world.

Eric W.

Re: Die Hard - The Greatest Christmas Story Ever Told

#2 Post by Eric W. »

I can't argue with this!

John Johnson

#3 Post by John Johnson »

John Johnson

#4 Post by John Johnson »

Eric W.

#5 Post by Eric W. »

Awesome stuff. Love it!

Monterey Jack

#6 Post by Monterey Jack »

The movie's actually getting some 35th anniversary(!) screenings starting next weekend...and not some one-time-only Fathom Events thing, but a legit, wide release with multiple showtimes. For a movie that Disney technically owns now. :shock:

Anyways, glad to have a shot at seeing the classic the way it was meant to have been seen, with me getting blown through the back wall of the theater. 8)

Edmund Kattak

#7 Post by Edmund Kattak »

Monterey Jack wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:30 pm The movie's actually getting some 35th anniversary(!) screenings starting next weekend...and not some one-time-only Fathom Events thing, but a legit, wide release with multiple showtimes. For a movie that Disney technically owns now. :shock:

Anyways, glad to have a shot at seeing the classic the way it was meant to have been seen, with me getting blown through the back wall of the theater. 8)
It would be amusing to see the movie make more money in wide release than THE MARVELS. Maybe it could start a trend.
Indeed,
Ed

AndyDursin

#8 Post by AndyDursin »

I'm sure the lack of theatrical content is why this is happening -- and probably will see more in 2024. There are like 3 major movies coming out, all for "kids" - WONKA, AQUAMAN 2 and the Illumination MIGRATION -- for Christmas. And that's it.

Monterey Jack

#9 Post by Monterey Jack »

Edmund Kattak wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:37 am It would be amusing to see the movie make more money in wide release than THE MARVELS. Maybe it could start a trend.
It'd be gratifying to see people get reminded of what a REAL action movie used to look and feel like...real pyrotechnics! Real bullet squibs! Shot on film! No actors hanging on wires while pretending to shoot plasma beams from their hands! No political bullsh!t! :)

Monterey Jack

#10 Post by Monterey Jack »

Saw it at an early matinee today. Only about six people besides myself, and it was shown on probably the smallest screen at my theater, but that's still much larger than the one I have at home, and it was a treat seeing this movie on the silver screen. :)

No matter how many times I see it, it's one of those magically "perfect" movies, where every aspect -- writing, performances, technical credits, music -- all combine in just the right quantities. It is bittersweet watching it in the wake of Bruce Willis' declining health, considering what a crack comedic and dramatic actor he was in his prime. :( He is just terrific here, as is Alan Rickman -- never better -- and an ace supporting cast. I'm glad that it's being given a pretty wide release, with multiple showtimes for all to enjoy. Had Disney actually advertised the movie was coming back, they could have made some real money here. I hope that word gets passed around (I mentioned what I was seeing to a guy I was passing by as I was about to enter the theater, and he was like, "Really...?" in a very interested voice, declaring it "The ONLY Christmas movie" :lol: ).