A QUIET PLACE: DAY ONE - June - Trailer

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

A QUIET PLACE: DAY ONE - June - Trailer

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

This looks, at least, more interesting than the 2nd film, which was (for me) a disappointing reworking of the original. Change in environment makes this somewhat more compelling.

AndyDursin

Re: A QUIET PLACE: DAY ONE - June - Trailer

#2 Post by AndyDursin »

I think the real problem with this series is that its storytelling hook has become a gimmick that it's now content to keep falling back on it instead of cultivating something larger or more interesting from a narrative perspective.

The first movie was so well done for what it was, but II was essentially a retread that didn't move the material forward much at all -- and this prequel, in the larger context, does nothing but also retread the same central idea in an urban scenario...but without really taking into consideration the possibilities that the setting could've offered for doing something different.

I also have a serious issue with the fact that, if noise is truly the repellent for these aliens, they'd likely have a very hard time in a big city where noise is EVERYWHERE. And if a deaf teenager on a quiet farm can figure out how to beat the aliens with a hearing aid, nobody in this big city could do the same -- where it is even easier to make noise? Really? It strains any shred of credibility. In fact it's pretty outright stupid, even for this kind of film.