BEATLES Movies (Yes, 4!) Coming From Sam Mendes

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

BEATLES Movies (Yes, 4!) Coming From Sam Mendes

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

First Ridley Scott and the Bee Gees now the Beatles have -- for the first time -- officially granted access to their life stories and Sam Mendes will devote a feature to each one of them.

Monterey Jack

Re: BEATLES Movies (Yes, 4!) Coming From Sam Mendes

#2 Post by Monterey Jack »

Wouldn't this be better served as a miniseries?

Anyways, with the success of the Bob Marley movie, I guess we've found our post-superhero genre Hollywood's gonna run into the ground. :P

Paul MacLean

#3 Post by Paul MacLean »

Where's the Boy George movie? That's what I want! :mrgreen:

But in all seriousness, I'm not sure Beatles movies are destined to be the sure-fire hits someone of Mendes' generation assumes they will.

About a decade ago, I mentioned George Harrison to a friend of mine who was in her 20s. She responded "Who's that?"

AndyDursin

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

I'm not sure these are designed to get younger audiences into the theater but the "get the casuals who go to the movies 2 or 3 times a year" crowd out and about (i.e. TOP GUN MAVERICK and BARBENHIMER). The Bob Marley movie is printing money, BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY did too, the Elton John movie did fine...yeah I'd say this genre looks reliable for Hollywood's new "event movie" formula designed to get people to show up a handful of times at the theater each year. :?

I have no interest really in the Beatles and I'm not much of a fan so I don't be buying a ticket...I also wonder about the box-office drop there's going to be from the Lennon and McCartney films to Ringo. :lol:

Monterey Jack

#5 Post by Monterey Jack »

AndyDursin wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:04 amI also wonder about the box-office drop there's going to be from the Lennon and McCartney films to Ringo. :lol:
Hey, he's married to Barbara Bach, so... :)