Did you all skip the Oscars telecast too?

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
Paul MacLean

Did you all skip the Oscars telecast too?

#1 Post by Paul MacLean »

I didn't see any posts about the winners, so I'm assuming that (like me) no one else bothered this year?

I saw only two of the Best Picture nominees (Barbie and Oppenheimer), and I didn't think Barbie was the least-bit worthy of a nomination. I haven't even heard of some of the other movies. And TEN Best Picture nominees? What is the point of that?

I used to care about the Best Score category, but not in a very long time.

What say you?

Eric W.

Re: Did you all skip the Oscars telecast too?

#2 Post by Eric W. »

I haven't bothered with it since... gosh... north of 20 years at least.

I think Oppenheimer deserved the accolades it got all told.

mkaroly

#3 Post by mkaroly »

I haven't watched the Oscars in decades...I could care less what or who Hollywood thinks is deserving of an award. Complete waste of time for me.

AndyDursin

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

I liked the GODZILLA MINUS ONE team winning VFX, which was kind of awesome when you think about the dubious legacy of man-in-the-suit giant monster flicks. :lol:

Otherwise I was in and out of the Oscars. OPPENHEIMER was a deserved winner this year -- one of the few really deserving films in a long while -- so I think between that and BARBIE they were able to get ratings up.

The show itself seemed stilted and, as usual, dull. But they started it at 7 EST so it was over by 11 for the first time ever, so there's that.

Monterey Jack

#5 Post by Monterey Jack »

I actually found it the breeziest and most entertaining Oscar telecast in many years. And starting it an hour early was GREATLY appreciated (and I hope that becomes a standard...who wants to stay up until almost midnight on a Sunday? :?). Some wins I really appreciated (like Mr. G 8)), and there were no outrageous gaffes or controversies to muck up the proceedings.

Eric Paddon

#6 Post by Eric Paddon »

I haven't watched an Oscar telecast in this century.

Chris Shaneyfelt

#7 Post by Chris Shaneyfelt »

I haven't watched the Oscars (or even cared about them) in so long that I completely forgot about them this year! I saw a news article a couple days ago about Oppenheimer winning the Award for Best Picture, and I thought, "Has the Oscars ceremony already come and gone?"

Oppenheimer is the only Oscar-nominated film I saw this past year, and I liked the film well enough (in spite of the suffocating "score"). I do plan to see Maestro and Godzilla Minus One at some point.