New James Bond: Aaron Taylor-Johnson Next in Line?

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

New James Bond: Aaron Taylor-Johnson Next in Line?

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Eon shooting down these reports so far but there may be smoke as they say...

mkaroly

Re: New James Bond: Aaron Taylor-Johnson Next in Line?

#2 Post by mkaroly »

Who??? :lol:

Monterey Jack

#3 Post by Monterey Jack »

I don't care who they cast, as long as they let Bond...be Bond, instead of a scowling bore who spends five movies straight moping over his dead girlfriend. :? We want FUN and ESCAPISM again.

Monterey Jack

#4 Post by Monterey Jack »

mkaroly wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:52 pmWho??? :lol:
People said the same thing about Craig in 2005...

AndyDursin

#5 Post by AndyDursin »

People may not know the name but he's certainly been in higher profile lead roles (Godzilla, Kick-Ass, etc.) than Craig had been at that point in his career. And is younger by 5 years than Craig when he was cast also (Craig also just "looks old" and sullen).

I fear for the future of the series. They need to turn the tone around and rediscover the right mix of fun, action, and escapism that served it well even through the Brosnan years, but I don't know if I'd trust any of them in this movie-making climate and -- even more so -- after they gave Craig carte blanche to make whatever he wanted and kill off "his Bond" as if there was ever a difference in the decades of films that preceded it in this series.

The Craig movies' relentlessly (and increasingly) dour mood, convoluted scripts, bloated run times and absurd socio-political components -- ending with Bond as this one-woman, crusading father trying to save his family (!!) -- flew completely in the face of the source material and had nothing to do with Bond but everything to do with Craig himself.

As much as I blame Craig for all of that (deservedly; his Bond movies basically serve like one long therapy session), Eon opened the door for his diva act. We'll see if Barbara Broccoli makes amends with this restart...or not.