"These Aren't the New STAR WARS Movie Announcements You've Been Waiting For"

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

Re: "These Aren't the New STAR WARS Movie Announcements You've Been Waiting For"

#16 Post by AndyDursin »

I am very surprised Lucas is supporting Iger. From previous reports he's been pissed at how bad these LucasKennedy projects have been...but all it shows is he's as clueless as the rest of them. They want to continue devaluing their brands and the company, be my guest. And what cinematic "magic" is he even talking about?

I agree with this take 100 percent. A lot of fans hoped Lucas would somehow wrangle control of his creation back at some point...not anymore though. He deserves the bed he made for himself.

AndyDursin

Re: "These Aren't the New STAR WARS Movie Announcements You've Been Waiting For"

#17 Post by AndyDursin »

And this is what Disney gives us in its wake -- this is the garbage Lucas voted to keep making.

Root for the bad guys, the Force (and men in general) are actually BAD for you: :evil: :evil:

Monterey Jack

#18 Post by Monterey Jack »

The appeal of the original Star Wars in 1977 was due, in large part, to it being so UNcomplicated and black & white, coming towards the tail end of a decade where real life was so consistently awful (crime, poverty, mistrust of government due to Watergate, ect.). Now that we've emerged from an economy-tanking Scamdemic, coming off the heels of one racially-motivated "peaceful protest" after another, SW, instead of taking us away from all of this bullsh!t, rubs our faces in it. :?

Is it any wonder fans of our generation have had enough, and that kids aren't interested in the new stuff? What ten-year-old could have gotten ANY entertainment value out of the moribund, desperately-dull Andor?