Imprint/ViaVision (Australia) Thread: New Announcements

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

Re: Imprint (Australia) Thread: New Announcements

#121 Post by AndyDursin »

Interesting Universal compilation there with THE ADVENTURE COLLECTION to go along with another Film Noir box (with numerous first-time format premieres) and the first Blu-Ray release of the strange (and kind of creepy, albeit unsuccessful) HAUNTING OF JULIA.

AndyDursin

#122 Post by AndyDursin »

Imprint sent off THE EAGLE HAS LANDED and FEAR IS THE KEY for review this month.

The extended cut of EAGLE is an upscaled-from-DVD standard definition master :( They did encode it as an AVC file but the transfer is no better than DVD. I have no issue with this if it's the only thing they had available, but it's a situation where they should be upfront about what they are releasing. There was no need to re-encode it as this massive file driving up the price of this set when the quality is so poor.

Good extras though at least. The theatrical cut probably has a better encode than the Shout release also.

Eric Paddon

#123 Post by Eric Paddon »

Since this was the first ever release I'm aware of of the extended version (at least one that's playable in a US machine) I was just glad to finally get it in that format (there was a PAL sped-up version on YT). And the standard theatrical cut had a commentary that wasn't on Shout's release.

I'm passing on these new releases.

John Johnson

#124 Post by John Johnson »

Eric Paddon wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:38 pm Since this was the first ever release I'm aware of of the extended version (at least one that's playable in a US machine) I was just glad to finally get it in that format (there was a PAL sped-up version on YT). And the standard theatrical cut had a commentary that wasn't on Shout's release.

I still have my UK DVD of the special edition. At some point, I will upgrade.

London. Greatest City in the world.

John Johnson

#125 Post by John Johnson »

Australian label Via Vision Entertainment has announced that it is preparing Blu-ray release of Pumping Iron (1977) and Rawhide: The Complete First Season (1959). The two releases will be available for purchase this March.

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=32145

AndyDursin

#126 Post by AndyDursin »

Older fare with several premieres coming up:

John Johnson

#127 Post by John Johnson »

Eric Paddon wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:38 pm Since this was the first ever release I'm aware of of the extended version (at least one that's playable in a US machine) I was just glad to finally get it in that format (there was a PAL sped-up version on YT). And the standard theatrical cut had a commentary that wasn't on Shout's release.

The limited Edition is now sold out at Via Vision, but copies are still around, both in the US and in Australia.

John Johnson

Via Vision Entertainment - New Releases August

#128 Post by John Johnson »

Australian label Via Vision Entertainment has announced its August batch of Blu-ray releases. They are: Australian label Via Vision Entertainment has announced its June batch of 4K Blu-ray and Blu-ray releases. They are: Searching for Bobby Fischer (1993), Blue Car (2003), Mrs. Parker and the Vicious Circle (1994), Film Focus: Jennifer Connelly (1991-2003), and Film Focus: Jessica Lange (1982-1995).

All titles will be available for purchase on August 30.

https://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=32633

AndyDursin

Re: Via Vision Entertainment - New Releases August

#129 Post by AndyDursin »

Imprint releases:

This Jennifer Connelly box doesn't interest me much. The Jessica Lange one has more compelling films in it.

BLUE CAR -- Always liked Agnes Bruckner. Never heard of this one!

SEARCHING FOR BOBBY FISCHER -- Superb Horner score. Good movie also.

John Johnson

Re: Imprint/ViaVision (Australia) Thread: New Announcements

#130 Post by John Johnson »

For those that missed the Limited Edition, the Standard Edition has just been announced.

Release date 14th August.

https://viavision.com.au/shop/the-aveng ... d-edition/

John Johnson

#131 Post by John Johnson »

Roger Moore stars in this beloved psychological thriller, a macabre twist on Jekyll & Hyde.

Harold Pelham, partner in a large electronics firm, finds himself in some bewildering circumstances after recovering from a near fatal car accident. A strange force seems to be reshaping his life. Why does he renounce his high business principles, and why does Julie, an attractive girl he has seen only once, claim such an intimate relationship?

Writer and director Basil Dearden’s final film is based on the 1957 novel The Strange Case of Mr. Pelham by Anthony Armstrong.

Includes new and archival special features, plus an exclusive insert reproduction of the original pressbook.

1500 copies only.

Special Features & Technical Specs:

1080p High-definition presentation on Blu-ray
Audio Commentary by actor Roger Moore and uncredited writer / producer Bryan Forbes, moderated by journalist Jonathan Sothcott (2002)
NEW Audio Commentary by authors Jonathan Rigby and Kevin Lyons (2024)
NEW The Man Who Became A Friend – biographer / talent agent Gareth Owen on Sir Roger Moore (2024)
NEW The Men Who Were Haunted – interview featurette with actor Freddie Jones and production crew (2024)
“Roger Moore, A Matter of Class” – documentary
“Alfred Hitchcock Presents: The Case of Mr. Pelham” – a 1955 episode of the series based on the original novel The Strange Case of Mr. Pelham (Standard Definition)
Isolated Score audio track
Theatrical Trailer
Photo Gallery
Insert reproduction of the original pressbook
Audio LPCM 2.0 Mono
Aspect Ratio 1.75:1
Optional English HOH Subtitles

https://viavision.com.au/shop/the-man-w ... ction-318/

John Johnson

#132 Post by John Johnson »

Release date 19th June.

Three years beore James Bond hit the big-screen, Patrick McGoohan was John Drake – an exemplary agent for British Intelligence who is sent into situations too tricky or dangerous for normal spies to undertake.

Showcasing a superb soundtrack from Edwin Astley, this classic action series features intriguing storylines from key writers – including Brian Clemens, Ralph Smart, Donald Johnson, Philip Broadley and Tony Williamson.

Special Features:

Audio Commentaries with writer Brian Clemens and director Peter-Graham Scott on ‘View From The Villa’ and ‘The Nurse’
Audio Commentary with director Peter-Graham Scott on ‘An Affair of State’
Introductions by guest actors Earl Cameron, Jane Merrow, Wanda Ventham
Feature-length film version of ‘Koroshi’ plus the original Trailer
Original Promos and Trailers
Opening Title Film Rushes
Commercial Break Bumpers
Textless Material
‘Secret Agent’ – U.S. Title Sequences and Sponsorship Tags
Destination Danger – German Title Sequence
Extensive Image Galleries

https://viavision.com.au/shop/danger-ma ... ollection/

John Johnson

#133 Post by John Johnson »

MAMMOTH 34-DISC SET LOADED WITH BONUS FEATURES!

Known as The Saint because of his initials S.T. and his unfailing tendency to help those in need, Simon Templar’s passion for adventure and a pretty face invariably lead him into a spine-tingling trail of danger and intrigue. He is a modern-day Robin Hood, a freelance “instrument of justice”, out-witting adversaries and flirting with life and ladies along the way. Set against numerous international and exotic backdrops, Templar adopts different guises for the big cause. His code of conduct, however, is unfailingly constant – suave, chivalrous and utterly heroic.

Special Features:

Audio commentaries by Roger Moore, producer Robert S. Baker and production manager Johnny Goodman on “The Talented Husband” and “The Saint Plays With Fire”
Audio commentary by assistant director Ken Baker, production manager Johnny Goodman and producer Robert S. Baker on “The Talented Husband”
Audio commentary by producer Robert S. Baker, production manager Johnny Goodman, assistant director Ken Baker and star Roger Moore on “Sophia”
Audio commentary by producer Robert S. Baker and director Roy Ward Baker on “Teresa”
Audio commentary by director Roy Ward Baker and guest star Sue Lloyd on “Luella”
Audio commentary by producer Robert S. Baker and director Roy Ward Baker on “The Good Medicine”
Audio commentary by guest star Jane Merrow on “The Happy Suicide”
Audio commentary by Roger Moore, producer Robert S. Baker and guest star Eunice Gayson on “The Saint Bids Diamonds“
Audio commentary by guest star Annette Andre on “The House on Dragon’s Rock”
Audio commentary by producer supervisors Peter Manley and Malcolm Christopher on “The House on Dragon’s Rock”
2 Audio commentaries by Roger Moore, producer Robert S Baker and production supervisor Peter Manley on “Escape Route”
Audio commentary by director Roy Ward Baker and producer supervisors Peter Manley and Malcolm Christopher on “The Fiction Makers” theatrical version
Audio commentary by producer Robert S Baker and production supervisor Johnny Goodman on “Vendetta For The Saint” theatrical version
Audio commentary by Roger Moore, Robert S Baker on “The Ex-King of Diamonds”
Audio commentary by Roger Moore, producer Robert S Baker, production supervisor Johnny Goodman and director Alvin Rakoff on “The Ex-King of Diamonds”
Introduction by guest star Annette Andre to “The Loving Brothers”
Audio Introduction by guest star Peter Wyngarde to “The Man Who Liked Lions” and “The Gadic Collection”
Theatrical and episodic versions of “The Fiction Makers” and “Vendetta For The Saint”
Interview with Roger Moore (2003)
Behind-the-Scenes with Roger Moore as director
“The Saint Steps in … to Television” 2006 documentary (original version)
“The Saint Steps in… to Television” – feature-length version narrated by Roger Moore and Ian Ogilvy
“The Story of ST1 – 2006 featurette
“The Girls of The Saint” – 2006 featurette
“The Famous Simon Templar” – 2006 documentary
Titles Background: Alternative Title Sequence, French Title Sequence, End Title Background, The Latin Touch: Trailer Material
Episode Trailers for select episodes
Trailers for “The Fiction Makers” and “Vendetta for The Saint”
Ad break bumpers
Textless Material
Extensive Image Galleries

https://viavision.com.au/shop/the-saint ... e-edition/

AndyDursin

#134 Post by AndyDursin »

DVD!?!? What is this 2004?!?

John Johnson

#135 Post by John Johnson »

AndyDursin wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 12:17 pm DVD!?!? What is this 2004?!?
With the Danger Man episodes included on the forthcoming Prisoner Blu-ray set, it's only a matter of time before they release these shows on Blu-ray. My source in Australia has told me Via Vision have started to do restorations themselves. There should be at least one more British set before the end of the year.