Deepdiscount/Imprint Sale - New Titles Added

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
Monterey Jack

Re: Deepdiscount/Imprint Sale - New Titles Added

#46 Post by Monterey Jack »

Damn me...went back for Alfie and the Aussie release of Boss Level I didn't notice before. :x

AndyDursin

#47 Post by AndyDursin »

Bunch of new titles added -- nothing that interests me particularly, but some of the older fare is on-hand from the '50s, plus THE GIFT, BODY PARTS, JOEL DELANEY and a few others for $11 if that floats yer boat. :mrgreen:

https://www.deepdiscount.com/blowout-bi ... bledateNew

AndyDursin

#48 Post by AndyDursin »

wrong thread!

Monterey Jack

#49 Post by Monterey Jack »

Grabbed Let's Scare Jessica To Death, The Medusa Touch and The Possession Of Joel Delaney for October horror marathon fuel, and threw in Last Train From Gun Hill and The Country Girl (Grace Kelly...! :D) while I was at it. Sucks I spent nearly $30 on The Gift earlier this year. :x
Last edited by Monterey Jack on Tue Sep 20, 2022 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AndyDursin

#50 Post by AndyDursin »

Those are some excellent prices. Not a fan of any of them though (I hated the MEDUSA TOUCH and didn't care for JOEL DELANEY either), but they should serve you well in the Halloween thread! 8)

Monterey Jack

#51 Post by Monterey Jack »

If anything, these Imprint titles will make for solid trading fare in the future, with their exclusive extras and nice slipboxes. And even crummy horror movies are fun to write about every year. :P I have seen Let's Scare Jessica To Death before about five years back, and enjoyed it, so a fresh viewing is in order.

AndyDursin

#52 Post by AndyDursin »

That one I mildly enjoyed. The good thing is the Imprint titles are nice investments and nearly any of them are worth $10.

I just hated THE MEDUSA TOUCH, just a lousy, bad movie. JOEL DELANEY leaves a sour taste also, but it's not bad. I reviewed the DVD back in 2008:

https://www.andyfilm.com/5-20-08.html
Once the film goes nutty in its final third (King forces his young niece to eat dog food and for his family members to strip naked), horror fans will feel like they’ve had their fix, even though the picture takes a bit of time getting to its destination. Joe Raposo (of “Sesame Street” fame) composed the low-key, effective dramatic score

AndyDursin

#53 Post by AndyDursin »

Ugh, just reading more, I had forgotten JOEL DELANEY was the movie that had a naked 13 year old eating dog food. :evil:

I wasn't keeping that trash around the house. (To say nothing of the incest overtones the movie also has!). Very disturbing, and would never get made today.

AndyDursin

#54 Post by AndyDursin »

Note most of these titles are on Ebay through Blowitoutahere (another DDD affiliate) with free shipping (and 15% off 2) promos, if you only want to place a small order.

THE DON IS DEAD (worth it for $11) has been added plus THE HUNTER, though it's $16 and is about to be bettered by a new 4K scan in Kino Lorber's upcoming Blu-Ray.

AndyDursin

#55 Post by AndyDursin »

The 6-disc Drive-in Delirium set -- best trailer compilation package ever -- is under $20!

https://www.deepdiscount.com/drive-in-d ... 4256022166

Couple of "new" Imprints added (Contender, Bloody Sunday, Audrey Rose) at $16, nothing too exciting there.