SORCERER'S APPRENTICE

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
John Johnson

SORCERER'S APPRENTICE

#1 Post by John Johnson »

Variety reports that Jay Baruchel is negotiating to play the title role in a live- action THE SORCERER'S APPRENTICE for Walt Disney Pictures. He would join Nicolas Cage, who plays the sorcerer in the Jon Turteltaub-directed film. Jerry Bruckheimer is producing. Baruchel, who co-starred in TROPIC THUNDER, next plays the lead in the DreamWorks romantic comedy SHE'S OUT OF MY LEAGUE.
He's also attached to co-star with Seth Rogen in JAY AND SETH VS. THE APOCALYPSE, a project they've set at Mandate Pictures.
Scripted by Lawrence Konner and Mark Rosenthal and rewritten by Matt Lopez, THE SORCERER'S APPRENTICE takes place in contemporary New York, where a wizard searches for an apprentice.

http://www.isnnews.net/zocalo/news.shtml
London. Greatest City in the world.

JSWalsh

#2 Post by JSWalsh »

For a follow up we'll be seeing MINUTE WALTZ-EPISODE 1
John

Castile

#3 Post by Castile »

Sorry, man. Mickey Mouse OWNS that role. :twisted:

Jedbu

#4 Post by Jedbu »

This sounds like it should have been posted under the "Proof that Hollywood has run out of ideas" topic.

Are they out of their fricken minds? This sounds like another CAT IN THE HAT to me. . . :P
JDvDHeise

"You've got to remember that these are just simple farmers. These are people of the land. The common clay of the new West. You know... morons."-Gene Wilder to Cleavon Little in BLAZING SADDLES

Eric W.

#5 Post by Eric W. »

This idea makes my head hurt.

John Johnson

#6 Post by John Johnson »

Trailer.

London. Greatest City in the world.

Monterey Jack

#7 Post by Monterey Jack »

NOT THE BEES...!!!! :lol:

mkaroly

#8 Post by mkaroly »

Why are people still hiring Nick Cage to star in their films? I guess he must pull in money....but not from me. Film looks incredibly dumb.

Eric W.

#9 Post by Eric W. »

mkaroly wrote:Why are people still hiring Nick Cage to star in their films? I guess he must pull in money....but not from me. Film looks incredibly dumb.
As soon as I saw him I immediately lost all interest. Those clips look like at least a half a dozen or so other films we've all seen before.

Isn't he pretty much bankrupt by now after buying that small island to go along with dozens of sports cars and who knows what else he's bought?

This guy is completely unstable.

AndyDursin

#10 Post by AndyDursin »

Well I have to hand it to Cage -- I want to see BAD LIEUTENANT 2 PORT OF NEW ORLEANS.

Haven't you guys seen the reviews? So off the wall and crazy and bad (or is it?) it's a must-see.

Werner Herzog where have you gone! lol.

Though, seriously, I do want to see it!

Monterey Jack

#11 Post by Monterey Jack »

I saw Bad Lieutenant. I don't know whether it's one of the best films of the year or the worst, but Cage is compellingly watchable in it.

"Shoot him again...his soul's still dancing." :lol: