Tim Burton's ALICE IN WONDERLAND Preview

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

Tim Burton's ALICE IN WONDERLAND Preview

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Some terrific imagery from the much anticipated Burton-Disney adaptation (being shot for 3-D and in theaters March 5th, 2010) is up in an extensive USA Today preview.

worth checking out for Burton aficionados...

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/new ... land_N.htm

Monterey Jack

#2 Post by Monterey Jack »

Burton + Depp + Elfman + Helena Bonham Carter cleavage = I'm there, dude. 8)

Monterey Jack

#3 Post by Monterey Jack »

Johnny Depp IS Elijah Wood as the Mad Hatter. :shock:

AndyDursin

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

Looks great :) A new Burton movie is one of the few things that gets me excited these days.

BTW AICN had a quick rundown with Depp on future projects. He mentions LONE RANGER and PIRATES 4, and would like to do the latter if there's a coherent script -- which would also avoid the "confusing" aspects of the last movie. I hated PIRATES 3 like you did MJ but I was a big fan of the first movie, so I think if they have a good concept with the Sparrow character and forget everything else (literally, like everything else), I'd still be up for it. (Personally I'd find a new supporting cast, and specifically a strong female lead for him to play off). Also sounds like he doesn't want to do Gilliam's DON QUIXOTE movie, that the ship sailed on that years ago, which sounds like a wise move.

Monterey Jack

#5 Post by Monterey Jack »

What they need to do for POTC 4 is jettison every character except Jack Sparrow. NO Keira "Feed Me" Knightley. NO Orlando "Plank Of Wood" Bloom. Keep the running time UNDER TWO HOURS. A freaking pirate movie shouldn't run as long as a David Lean epic. :shock: And make it a completely self-contained adventure. NO bullcrap "cliffhanger". The Indiana Jones movies were completely self-contained, and were all the better for it. Ditto James Bond (at least until Quantum Of Solace... :?). Just give us a FUN, rollicking adventure movie with plenty of laughs and action and a plot you can ACTUALLY FOLLOW.

Monterey Jack

#6 Post by Monterey Jack »

BTW, any Burton fan worth his salt must watch this wonderfully-edited tribute video. 8)

John Johnson

#7 Post by John Johnson »

London. Greatest City in the world.

AndyDursin

#8 Post by AndyDursin »

I've felt right from the start that this is going to be a massive, massive hit.

Disney and the subject matter, plus the appeal of stars like Depp, will attract young audiences, while Burton's vision will lure in adults and cinephiles.

Seems like a can't miss proposition. I also love the fact this is a sequel as opposed to a remake.

Monterey Jack

#9 Post by Monterey Jack »

Loves me some Burton/Depp/Elfman goodness. 8) I've watching every Burton movie in release order over the past few weeks in order to get ready for Alice. Ed Wood next ("It's perfect! :lol: ).

AndyDursin

#10 Post by AndyDursin »

Monterey Jack wrote:Loves me some Burton/Depp/Elfman goodness. 8) I've watching every Burton movie in release order over the past few weeks in order to get ready for Alice. Ed Wood next ("It's perfect! :lol: ).
The sad part is that...this is one of the few movies I'm looking forward to seeing this year. After this, there's not a whole lot that I'm genuinely excited about. :cry:

John Johnson

#11 Post by John Johnson »

Johnny Depp and the cast of Alice In Wonderland turn out to meet their fans

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... -fans.html

John Johnson

#12 Post by John Johnson »

Alice in Wonderland will not be shown in Odeon cinemas

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8528820.stm

Eric W.

#13 Post by Eric W. »

Heard some of Elfman's score clips and it sounded pretty good. :)

John Johnson

#14 Post by John Johnson »

Well, it looks like Vue and Cineworld have struck a deal with Disney, but Odeon is still refusing to screen the film.

Vue cinemas reach agreement with Disney

Alice in Wonderland will be shown in Vue cinemas after all. The big screen giants have reached an agreement with Disney after a dispute over the shortening of the window between theatrical and DVD release.
Vue, Odeon and Cineworld threatened a boycott of the Tim Burton film over the studio's plan to release it on DVD 12 weeks after its theatrical opening. The usual length between releases is 17 weeks.

Disney had claimed that the shortening of the gap was due to the forthcoming World Cup, and believe cinema attendances for the film will plummet during the summer tournament.
Cineworld recently struck a deal with Disney and now Vue have followed suit – confirming that it will show the film in its 69 cinemas in the UK and the Republic of Ireland.
Vue Entertainment's chief executive, Tim Richards, said, "We are delighted that we have reached an agreement with our partners at Disney.
"We are looking forward to showing Alice in Wonderland in Digital 3D at Vue and wish it great success both in cinema and later on DVD/Blu-ray."
Odeon have refused to back down, however, stating that the film will not be shown in their 100 UK and Ireland cinemas.
Alice in Wonderland will be released on March 5.

http://uk.movies.yahoo.com/24022010/5/v ... ney-0.html

John Johnson

#15 Post by John Johnson »