Johnny Depp Sets Sail on Fourth 'Pirates' Movie

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

#16 Post by AndyDursin »

John Johnson wrote:According to the Hollywood Reporter, Ian McShane will play the legendary pirate--whose real name was Edward Teach--who piloted the ship Queen Anne's Revenge. McShane will join Johnny Depp, reprising his role of Captain Jack Sparrow, and Penelope Cruz, Sparrow's foil and equal in many ways, in a story that revolves around the Fountain of Youth.
Terry Rossio and Ted Elliot wrote the script for the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced film.
PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: ON STRANGER TIDES is scheduled for a May 20, 2011 release.

http://www.isnnews.net/
I know I just posted this two posts up :)

AndyDursin

#17 Post by AndyDursin »

Jedbu wrote:Andy, either countdown leader or blank film would be better than AT WORLD'S END! :o
Haha, I agree completely Jeff!

I do think this is going to be a return to what made the first movie work. I'm going to be hugely disappointed if it's not.

John Johnson

#18 Post by John Johnson »

Perhaps they should rename if Pirates of Tintagel. LOL

Depp swaps Caribbean for Cornwall in fourth adventure

Johnny Depp will be facing much colder climes when shooting begins on the upcoming Pirates Of The Caribbean movie - it will be filmed off the coast of Cornwall.
Depp has signed on to reprise his role as Captain Jack Sparrow in the fourth installment of the swashbuckling film series, entitled Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.

And not only will Depp's former co-stars Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightly be missing from the new venture - the Caribbean sun and clear waters will also be absent.

The first three movies in the franchise were shot at various locations around the Caribbean and the west coast of the US.

The film, which will be directed by Chicago film-maker Rob Marshall, will be shot around Cornwall in 2011, according to The Sun.

Penelope Cruz has reportedly been approached to star as the film's female lead.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/1/20100301/ten ... 0bd6d.html
London. Greatest City in the world.

mkaroly

#19 Post by mkaroly »

I can't stand Penelope Cruz...overrated. Sorry to be so negative, but this is a huge casting strike against this movie for me.

AndyDursin

#20 Post by AndyDursin »

mkaroly wrote:I can't stand Penelope Cruz...overrated. Sorry to be so negative, but this is a huge casting strike against this movie for me.
Not a big fan of hers either, but I'm holding out hope she'll be decent this time out. Didn't she work with Depp on BLOW? That might have something to do with the casting.

John Johnson

#21 Post by John Johnson »

Jerry Bruckheimer says that Penelope Cruz's role in "Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides" is as the daughter of the film's villain Blackbeard (Ian McShane).

Appearing at ShoWest, Bruckheimer tells MTV News that "she brings a lot of humor to it. And the fact that she's so feisty." He also confirmed that there will be "a little romance between [Depp's] Captain Jack and the character that Penelope plays."

Though Geoffrey Rush will be back as Barbossa as well, Bruckheimer says the story is "going to take a whole new direction" and they're "looking for some new kids to be in it" in supporting roles which are being tested right now.

Filming on the next 'Pirates' film kicks off in June under the helm of Rob Marshall.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/16677/ ... h-pirates-

John Johnson

#22 Post by John Johnson »

Jeremy Irons' actor son has emerged as the favourite to replace Orlando Bloom as Johnny Depp's handsome sidekick in the new Pirates Of The Caribbean movie.
Former Burberry model Max Irons and 23 year old Sam Claflin are battling to play a swashbuckling character modelled on Bloom's Will Turner character, according to Eonline.com.

And it's not the only role the two young stars are competing for - both are up for a leading role in director Catherine Hardwicke's new movie The Girl With the Red Riding Hood.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/1/20100412/ten ... 0bd6d.html

John Johnson

#23 Post by John Johnson »

Astrid Bergès-Frisbey has joined the cast of Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Disney has announced.

French actress Bergès-Frisbey will star as Syrena, a mermaid who encounters Johnny Depp's Captain Jack Sparrow.

The 23-year-old's previous screen credits include Bruc and La Première Étoile. She has also appeared on stage in the French production of Equus.

Depp, Penélope Cruz, Ian McShane, Geoffrey Rush and Stephen Graham will star in On Stranger Tides, with Rob Marshall and Jerry Bruckheimer serving as director and producer respectively.

Keira Knightley and Orlando Bloom have stepped aside from the fourth nautical blockbuster.

Disney plans to shoot the new Pirates film in June for a May 2011 release.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news ... -lady.html

John Johnson

#24 Post by John Johnson »