PREDATORS - Early Reviews Excellent

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

PREDATORS - Early Reviews Excellent

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

...dare I say...this actually looks like it might be good.

I'm not going to jinx it though, lol...so I'll be cautiously optimistic and say...I think it looks promising.

Debney scoring = a good sign as well.

http://www.predators-movie.com/
Last edited by AndyDursin on Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Monterey Jack

#2 Post by Monterey Jack »

It can't possibly be worse than Alien vs. Predator: Requiem. :?

AndyDursin

#3 Post by AndyDursin »

Monterey Jack wrote:It can't possibly be worse than Alien vs. Predator: Requiem. :?
Nothing could be worse.

I was worried this was going to be some Rodriguez-produced green screen movie and it's not. Good cast too.

Eric W.

Re: PREDATORS - Footage and Website Online

#4 Post by Eric W. »

AndyDursin wrote:...dare I say...this actually looks like it might be good.

I'm not going to jinx it though, lol...so I'll be cautiously optimistic and say...I think it looks promising.

Debney scoring = a good sign as well.

http://www.predators-movie.com/
Looks promising. No way this is going to be as bad or worse than the two AVP movies. I'd bet that sight unseen.

Debney can at least do something with an orchestra although I must say I'm disappointed we didn't get Silvestri back for this.

AndyDursin

#5 Post by AndyDursin »

I'm not surprised though...Debney seems to be Rodriguez's "conventional orchestral composer" go-to guy.

Haven't heard much from Silvestri in a long time, particularly in the action genre, as well.

TomServo

#6 Post by TomServo »

AndyDursin wrote:I'm not surprised though...Debney seems to be Rodriguez's "conventional orchestral composer" go-to guy.

Haven't heard much from Silvestri in a long time, particularly in the action genre, as well.
Well GI JOE was only just last summer... and then we have his A-TEAM score to look forward this year! :)

Eric W.

#7 Post by Eric W. »

AndyDursin wrote:I'm not surprised though...Debney seems to be Rodriguez's "conventional orchestral composer" go-to guy.

I'm going to say the second Mummy film and to a lesser extent Van Helsing were the last Silvestri scores that stood out to me.

AndyDursin

#8 Post by AndyDursin »

TomServo wrote:

Well GI JOE was only just last summer... and then we have his A-TEAM score to look forward this year! :)
That's how good GI JOE was...I totally forgot it!

To be honest it was an OK score but it was not particularly memorable...

Monterey Jack

#9 Post by Monterey Jack »

I thought Silvestri's Beowulf was pretty strong, myself. The only Silvestri score since The Mummy Returns that has enticed me to buy it on CD.

Eric W.

#10 Post by Eric W. »

Monterey Jack wrote:I thought Silvestri's Beowulf was pretty strong, myself. The only Silvestri score since The Mummy Returns that has enticed me to buy it on CD.
I listened to it once and never bothered again. It didn't leave any impression with me at all. I should try it again.

AndyDursin

#11 Post by AndyDursin »

There are only a smattering of reviews up on Rotten Tomatoes but all of them are extremely positive.

Really looking forward to Friday now...first movie since IRON MAN 2!

mkaroly

#12 Post by mkaroly »

AndyDursin wrote:There are only a smattering of reviews up on Rotten Tomatoes but all of them are extremely positive.

Really looking forward to Friday now...first movie since IRON MAN 2!
WOO-HOO! I am excited!!

AndyDursin

#13 Post by AndyDursin »

Well it's early, but 5/5 and 100% so far with praise running through all of them.

In a nutshell, those people like the "old fashioned" tone of the movie, seems like Rodriguez and company didn't "reinvent" the franchise but rather do a tight, well constructed new entry in it -- and more of a sequel to the original.

I'm VERY excited as well Michael! Sounds like this could be the film we've been waiting for all summer long!

Eric W.

#14 Post by Eric W. »

This should be good! :)

Monterey Jack

#15 Post by Monterey Jack »

AndyDursin wrote: Really looking forward to Friday now...first movie since IRON MAN 2!
Dude, you haven't seen Toy Story 3 yet?! :shock: