J.J. Abrams To Literally Make A Steven Spielberg Film!

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
John Johnson

J.J. Abrams To Literally Make A Steven Spielberg Film!

#1 Post by John Johnson »

London. Greatest City in the world.

AndyDursin

#2 Post by AndyDursin »

Here's the trailer...

Monterey Jack

#3 Post by Monterey Jack »

I like how the opening wide shot of the train framed against the vast sky recalls CE3K. 8)

AndyDursin

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

Monterey Jack wrote:I like how the opening wide shot of the train framed against the vast sky recalls CE3K. 8)
In more ways than one, too. That truck on the railroad tracks, the way the shots were assembled -- definitely had that CE3K vibe.

So is this going to be a case of a benign alien and a group of kids? I hope it doesn't go there, lol.

Apparently it's going to be fairly low budget as well, in the $40 million range.

Listen, I'm not in love with Abrams like I was with Spielberg early in his career, but in this time of cookie-cutter filmmaking we get every week, it's clear he's one of the few big-studio guys with some interesting ideas. I liked CLOVERFIELD even more the second time I saw it and I loved STAR TREK, so I am very interested to see what his Spielberg homage has going for it.

Always nice to see that Amblin logo up there again too :)

mkaroly

#5 Post by mkaroly »

Looks interesting! I'm curious...

Monterey Jack

#6 Post by Monterey Jack »

AndyDursin wrote: So is this going to be a case of a benign alien and a group of kids? I hope it doesn't go there, lol.
Maybe it'll be akin to that Night Skies screenplay Spielberg flirted with for a while before making E.T. instead.

AndyDursin

#7 Post by AndyDursin »

Monterey Jack wrote:
AndyDursin wrote: So is this going to be a case of a benign alien and a group of kids? I hope it doesn't go there, lol.
Maybe it'll be akin to that Night Skies screenplay Spielberg flirted with for a while before making E.T. instead.
One thing that just baffles me - why in this day and age of sequels and remakes, why not go back to some unproduced pet projects that great filmmakers worked on at one point in time? Why not actually make DARK SKIES now? Would it be any worse than JONAH HEX??!?