MAGNIFICENT SEVEN - All 4 - on Blu-Ray

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

MAGNIFICENT SEVEN - All 4 - on Blu-Ray

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Can't believe this release came out with almost no fanfare at all, but MGM/Fox issued a 4-disc box-set with THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN and its three sequels on Blu-Ray Tuesday. The original has all the supplements, I believe, from the DVD Special Edition that was released during that brief window when Sony distributed MGM's home entertainment titles.

There has been no press of this release -- and also no review copies sent out so far that I'm aware of, though perhaps today or tomorrow something will turn up (if not, then they're just not sending them altogether).

Just a heads-up. I think the set is $50 or thereabouts at Amazon, probably too high for what you get, but if it goes on sale it's likely to be a nice purchase.

John Johnson

Re: MAGNIFICENT SEVEN - All 4 - on Blu-Ray

#2 Post by John Johnson »

AndyDursin wrote:Can't believe this release came out with almost no fanfare at all, but MGM/Fox issued a 4-disc box-set with THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN and its three sequels on Blu-Ray Tuesday. The original has all the supplements, I believe, from the DVD Special Edition that was released during that brief window when Sony distributed MGM's home entertainment titles.

There has been no press of this release -- and also no review copies sent out so far that I'm aware of, though perhaps today or tomorrow something will turn up (if not, then they're just not sending them altogether).

Just a heads-up. I think the set is $50 or thereabouts at Amazon, probably too high for what you get, but if it goes on sale it's likely to be a nice purchase.
London. Greatest City in the world.

AndyDursin

#3 Post by AndyDursin »

Heard from my PR people that they weren't going to be sending review copies, but now will be. Good idea! 8)

John Johnson

#4 Post by John Johnson »

Reduced to $33.99

AndyDursin

#5 Post by AndyDursin »

John Johnson wrote:Reduced to $33.99

OOOOOOOO....damn, I'm not waiting for them to send me one. I also have a $10 coupon too. $23 for this is too good to pass up -- if they do a mailing it'll probably be with the Leone discs next week, but I'd rather not wait at this price.

Thanks John.

Eric W.

#6 Post by Eric W. »

Wow, thanks for this notice. Talk about ZERO marketing and fanfare at all. MGM/Fox really needs to get on the ball better than this.

John Johnson

#7 Post by John Johnson »

AndyDursin

#8 Post by AndyDursin »

There's going to be an Amazon Lightning Deal on this, 12:30pm-4:30pm EST on Wednesday 12/15

Stands to reason it'll be even lower than the current $24 price!