Deepdiscount 25% Sale - LOGAN'S RUN Blu for $7

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

Deepdiscount 25% Sale - LOGAN'S RUN Blu for $7

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

A few good deals in there...many Warner and Paramount Blu-Rays for $7 (LOGAN'S RUN, WILD BUNCH, MAJOR LEAGUE).

Not everything is on sale this time, but most tiles are.

Code is 25MORE
Last edited by AndyDursin on Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AndyDursin

#2 Post by AndyDursin »

here's a link to the cheaper titles..

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm/f ... bf207540a6

John Johnson

#3 Post by John Johnson »

There wasn't a great deal for me, but I did place an order for Logan's Run.
Pity there's nothing extra, but maybe one day they will revisit this film.
London. Greatest City in the world.

AndyDursin

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

John Johnson wrote:There wasn't a great deal for me, but I did place an order for Logan's Run.
There are some extras on there. It has commentary and the vintage featurette, plus the trailer. I can't see them re-doing a catalog title like this again, Warner typically doesn't go that route (unlike Fox with their "Predator" SE and such).

The older laserdisc had more text based extras but not much else that I can recall (had the same commentary, featurette, etc.)

John Johnson

#5 Post by John Johnson »

AndyDursin wrote:
John Johnson wrote:There wasn't a great deal for me, but I did place an order for Logan's Run.
There are some extras on there. It has commentary and the vintage featurette, plus the trailer. I can't see them re-doing a catalog title like this again, Warner typically doesn't go that route (unlike Fox with their "Predator" SE and such).

The older laserdisc had more text based extras but not much else that I can recall (had the same commentary, featurette, etc.)
I'm hoping one day they will find the footage that was cut and put that back into the film.

AndyDursin

#6 Post by AndyDursin »

John Johnson wrote:
AndyDursin wrote:

I'm hoping one day they will find the footage that was cut and put that back into the film.
I'm guessing they already looked and couldn't find it.

John Johnson

#7 Post by John Johnson »

AndyDursin wrote:
John Johnson wrote:
AndyDursin wrote: There are some extras on there. It has commentary and the vintage featurette, plus the trailer. I can't see them re-doing a catalog title like this again, Warner typically doesn't go that route (unlike Fox with their "Predator" SE and such).

I'm guessing they already looked and couldn't find it.
That's a pity.
Oh well, at least the BD will be something to look forward to. Finally, I can get rid of my DVD.

AndyDursin

#8 Post by AndyDursin »

John, for $7 it is hard to complain :) I am fairly certain Image did a long search for the cut footage back in the '90s when they produced the laserdisc, and it's gone. Sadly.

There are a few other Warner Blu-Rays that I mentioned before, plus BODY HEAT, etc., for $7 bucks. Can't beat it.

John Johnson

#9 Post by John Johnson »

AndyDursin wrote:John, for $7 it is hard to complain :) I am fairly certain Image did a long search for the cut footage back in the '90s when they produced the laserdisc, and it's gone. Sadly.

There are a few other Warner Blu-Rays that I mentioned before, plus BODY HEAT, etc., for $7 bucks. Can't beat it.
Not complaining. I'm happy to get it for $7. Just wish the footage could be found.

John Johnson

#10 Post by John Johnson »

Deepdisocunt?

Have they changed their name? LOL

mkaroly

#11 Post by mkaroly »

John Johnson wrote:Deepdisocunt?

Lol...I just busted out laughing when I read your post.

AndyDursin

#12 Post by AndyDursin »

John Johnson wrote:Deepdisocunt?

Yeah, whoops. Sorry.

AndyDursin

#13 Post by AndyDursin »

Here's a site that (used to?) have audio MP3 files of the cut scenes from a 1976 preview screening. The site's there but looks like the MP3 files are gone...anyway at least you can read what was cut.

http://www.snowcrest.net/fox/Logan.html

The date is May 7th, 1976 and You Are There in SanDiego CA for a special advance preview screening of the new motion picture form MGM called Logan's Run. Ok, so you were not there, and you didn't get to see it, and shortly thereafter the studio hacked a ton of stuff out of the movie to make it shorter, and gain the film a PG rating. While the cut footage no longer exists (it vanished mysteriously along with the preview print) Fay Popejoy, a wonderful person, and soon to be presidenent of the LROoF, took along a cassette tape recorder into the theater and recorded all the audio track of this preview screening. You only had to wait 25 years to listen to this, so remeber where you heard it first. The movie is divided up into 5 MP3 files. Each about 25mb in size. You will need a MP3 player program to listen to them. And unlike Nixon's missing tape, you can listen to these 15 minutes.

Part I 28mb In the first section you get to hear the deleted opening sequence where Francis kills a runner in a residence pool. The citizens then applaud the Sandman's shot. Other hilights include: A longer carousel sequence minus the computer voice, more dialogue in Nursery, Francis' 'lastday girl' cut completely form the film. Unfortunately, while filmed, the other character in this deleted sequence, a girl on her way to her turn at the Love Shop, is not present. Also not present are the Halucimill sequences as most of the drug references had already been removed by the studio.

Part II 27mb In this section of the film Jessica talks about flameout as the ultimate thrill. Logan describes the effects of Muscle. Francis announces he is going to Cathedral to help backup Logan. We learn Holly's number is 13, and hear the infamous longer Love Shop sequence which takes up the last four minutes of this track,. Unfortunately the person doing the recording's tape also ran out during this sequence.

Part III 27mb The conclusion of the Love Shop sequence reveals that just about 2.5 minutes was trimmed form this sequence. From 4:16 to 1:55! It may have even been a few seconds longer as the person switched tapes. At Runner HQ Logan has an interesting line to Jessica as he tells her the others will be here soon and she should leave. You also get to hear Logan and Jessica talk as they pose for the ice sculpture as well as all of Box's cut dialogue!

Part IV 25mb The Old man recites some deleted cat poetry. The audience laughs quite a bit at his lines and his role. Francis says a few different things before he dies. Old man says a few deleted words after they bury Francis.

Part V 17 mb The return trip is mostly the same. There are some brief gaps in the sound. One or two extra old man lines as they aproach the water gardens. Missing is the computer voice calling people the Carousel. The surrogration sequence is quite a bit longer than in the version we are used to. The audience applauds at the end.

AndyDursin

#14 Post by AndyDursin »

...and on IMDB (this is something I've read elsewhere) --

All of the additional footage and its background music score were subsequently lost in what is now known as "the great MGM purge", when studio owner Kirk Kerkorian sold off what he could of the studio's extensive archives and simply threw out the rest.

John Johnson

#15 Post by John Johnson »

My order of Logan's Run shipped on 6/11. Still waiting for it to arrive. I was given an excuse it might be held up somewhere in the Post Office. I live in the same state as this company and they can't even get it to me within a week.
I'm goiing to wait one more day. If there's no joy, then I'll get a refund and go to Amazon. I always had problems with this company in the past.
I'm not going to use them again. I'd rather pay the extra and use Amazon. At least I would get the items within a reasonable timeframe.