Deepdiscount 25% Sale - LOGAN'S RUN Blu for $7

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
Eric W.

#16 Post by Eric W. »

John Johnson wrote:My order of Logan's Run shipped on 6/11. Still waiting for it to arrive. I was given an excuse it might be held up somewhere in the Post Office. I live in the same state as this company and they can't even get it to me within a week.
I'm goiing to wait one more day. If there's no joy, then I'll get a refund and go to Amazon. I always had problems with this company in the past.
I'm not going to use them again. I'd rather pay the extra and use Amazon. At least I would get the items within a reasonable timeframe.
I gave up on these guys a while back because of similar shenanigans and I got tired of seeing things listed on their site and finding out considerably after the fact that the item really wasn't in stock after all.

I much prefer Amazon.

AndyDursin

#17 Post by AndyDursin »

I have a couple of 6-14 titles that haven't shown up yet either.

Certainly aren't what they used to be, that's for sure. Send an email if it's after 30 days.

John Johnson

#18 Post by John Johnson »

The BD finally arrived tonight. Not great service. I will be using Amazon in future.
London. Greatest City in the world.

Monterey Jack

#19 Post by Monterey Jack »

Eric W. wrote:I gave up on these guys a while back because of similar shenanigans and I got tired of seeing things listed on their site and finding out considerably after the fact that the item really wasn't in stock after all.
Back when they were having their big sale on CDs last year, I tried ordering a bunch of discounted FSM titles, and I think I only ended up getting Star Trek II...everything else was out of stock so long they cancelled the remainder of my orders. :evil: I even used some of those special codes for additional discounts, and they ended up being completely wasted.

Screw Deep Discount.

AndyDursin

#20 Post by AndyDursin »

Nothing new here really. Of course they're not Amazon. The whole deal with DDD is and always has been -- you don't get great service. You don't get things in a couple of days. You do end up saving money.

It's been like that for years and it still is, though I think overall they've lost a step because other retailers now have sporadic sales that beat their 25% sale prices -- at certain times. You have to keep a look out, because their deals tend to come and go quickly, but DDD can't compete with the big boys anymore, and I think overall their service isn't even as good as it used to be.

Still, at least you got it. And it was what, 3 weeks out? That's nothing unheard of there.

John Johnson

#21 Post by John Johnson »

AndyDursin wrote:Nothing new here really. Of course they're not Amazon. The whole deal with DDD is and always has been -- you don't get great service. You don't get things in a couple of days. You do end up saving money.

It's been like that for years and it still is, though I think overall they've lost a step because other retailers now have sporadic sales that beat their 25% sale prices -- at certain times. You have to keep a look out, because their deals tend to come and go quickly, but DDD can't compete with the big boys anymore, and I think overall their service isn't even as good as it used to be.

Still, at least you got it. And it was what, 3 weeks out? That's nothing unheard of there.
Well, they have lost one customer.
London. Greatest City in the world.

AndyDursin

#22 Post by AndyDursin »

John Johnson wrote:
AndyDursin wrote:Nothing new here really. Of course they're not Amazon. The whole deal with DDD is and always has been -- you don't get great service. You don't get things in a couple of days. You do end up saving money.

Well, they have lost one customer.
If you needed it two weeks ago, and money isn't your driving motivator, Amazon is always the preferred choice. But some people who don't mind waiting (like me) would rather save the money. That's traditionally been the thing with DDD and their sales.

My issue with them this time is that they seem to be canceling orders more than they used to. For no reason my copy of War of the Worlds BD was canceled...just weird. If that keeps up they'll lose me as well!