Back to the Future Trilogy Blu-ray in October

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
John Johnson

Back to the Future Trilogy Blu-ray in October

#1 Post by John Johnson »

To celebrate the 25th anniversary of the franchise, the Back to the Future 25th Anniversary Trilogy will debut on UK Blu-ray on October 25th, 2010 from Universal Pictures International Entertainment. The set will then be available in the USA on October 26th, and in all other territories around the same time (it is a 'global day-and-date' release).

All three films are presented in high definition featuring new restorations for “perfect picture and the purest digital sound”. You also get more than two hours of all new bonus features including an exclusive, six-part retrospective documentary featuring never-before-seen interviews with the cast, crew and filmmakers.

Extras are outlined below…

* Denotes new footage debuting on the 25th Anniversary Trilogy
Tales from the Future: New six-part retrospective documentary featuring interviews with Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson, Director Robert Zemeckis, Producers Bob Gale and Neil Canton, plus Executive Producer Steven Spielberg.*
In the Beginning . . .: Delve into the genesis of the project, casting, re-casting, the DeLorean, sets and overall pre-production.
Time to Go: Production stories through the release of the first film.
Keeping Time: The score and the songs of the Back to the Future Trilogy.
Time Flies: Learn more about how the sequel came about, the futuristic look, the special and visual effects, recreating 1955 and more.
Third Time’s the Charm: Learn about building a western town, Doc Brown’s love story, the casting of Mary Steenburgen, the train sequence and completing the Trilogy.
The Test of Time: Back to the Future becomes a phenomenon! President Reagan quotes the film, the Back to the Future ride opens at Universal Studios theme park and fans rebuild the iconic DeLorean. The film’s cast and crew take a look back and discuss why these beloved movies live on.
The Physics of Back To The Future: A discussion with celebrity best-selling author and physicist Dr. Michio Kaku about the overall appreciation of the science in the Back to the Future Trilogy*
Nuclear Test Site Ending Storyboard Sequence: Storyboard sequence of the original proposed ending of the film.*
16 Deleted Scenes
Michael J. Fox Q&A
Q&A Commentaries with Director Robert Zemeckis and Producer Bob Gale
Feature Commentaries with Producers Bob Gale and Neil Canton
Archival Featurettes
Making the Trilogy: Chapters One, Two & Three: Original 2002 DVD documentary that takes a look back in time.
The Making Of Back to the Future Part I, II & III: Provides a vintage and historic first look at the making of all three films.
The Secrets of the Back to the Future Trilogy: a televised special hosted by Kirk Cameron addressing fans unanswered Back to the Future questions.
Back to the Future Night: Hosted by Leslie Nielsen, this original 30-minute special aired on NBC prior to the first television screening of the Back to the Future.
Behind-the-Scenes
Outtakes
Original Makeup Tests
Production Design
Storyboarding
Designing the DeLorean
Designing Time Travel
Hoverboard Test
Designing Hill Valley
Designing the Campaign
Back to the Future: The Ride
Music Videos:
Huey Lewis and the News “Power of Love”
ZZ Top “DoubleBack”
Photo Galleries, Including Production Art, Additional Storyboards, Photographs, Marketing Materials and Character Portraits
Theatrical Trailers

INTERACTIVE BLU-RAY BONUS FEATURES *
U-CONTROL:
Setups & Payoffs: As you watch each of the three films, each “set up” showcases items in the scene that prepare you for a future plot point. When you get to that moment in the film, the “payoff” is shown.
Storyboard Comparison: Compare key scenes in the movie with the original storyboards.
Trivia Track: Get inside trivia and facts while you watch the movies.
BD-Live: My Scenes
pocket BLU app

Audio Specs for the US release are confirmed as:
English DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1, Spanish DTS Surround 5.1, French DTS Surround 5.1
English SDH, Spanish and French Subtitles

In the US Universal will also release the set on DVD with the same extras (except for the interactive features).

http://homecinema.thedigitalfix.co.uk/c ... tober.html
London. Greatest City in the world.

Eric W.

#2 Post by Eric W. »

Can't wait!

This and the Alien Quadrilogy set are going to be something else in time for Christmas and all.

AndyDursin

#3 Post by AndyDursin »

As long as Fox doesn't do what they just did on the PREDATOR disc we'll be fine with the Quadrilogy. I wouldn't expect them to with Charlie deLauzirika and Scott's company involved, so I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic.

BTTF is going to be just fine, the HD masters that run on TV seemingly every week will be terrific on Blu-Ray, so I'm not worried about that at least :)

Eric W.

#4 Post by Eric W. »

AndyDursin wrote:As long as Fox doesn't do what they just did on the PREDATOR disc ...

You're kidding me. They botched the double dip? Do tell.

...we'll be fine with the Quadrilogy. I wouldn't expect them to with Charlie deLauzirika and Scott's company involved, so I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic.

BTTF is going to be just fine, the HD masters that run on TV seemingly every week will be terrific on Blu-Ray, so I'm not worried about that at least :)
Agreed.

AndyDursin

#5 Post by AndyDursin »

You're kidding me. They botched the double dip? Do tell.
AWFUL. Flat out awful. Check the Predator thread, I went on a little bit about it there.

One of the worst hatchet jobs I've seen. :(