Mutiny on the Bounty (1935) (US BD) in November

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
John Johnson

Mutiny on the Bounty (1935) (US BD) in November

#1 Post by John Johnson »

Warner's Mutiny on the Bounty Blu-ray (due 11/16 - SRP $34.99) features a brand new restoration of the film. According to the studio's official press release, it's "undergone a full photochemical restoration sourced from the film long-thought-lost, and recently rediscovered, original nitrate camera negative. The film's audio track has also been restored for this presentation." In addition to the Pitcarin Island Today featurette and Academy Awards newsreel, you'll get trailers for both the 1935 and 1962 versions. The Blu-ray book packaging will also include 30 pages of photos from the archives of FrankLloydFilms.com. The film will be presented in the original 1.33 B&W with mono audio.

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents
London. Greatest City in the world.

AndyDursin

#2 Post by AndyDursin »

The 1962 version was released on HD-DVD in a gorgeous release...I would have thought Warner would've finally issued that package on Blu-Ray...making this announcement just bizarre. If it wasn't Bill Hunt I would've thought it was a mistake.

Frankly, is there a large movement of viewers who want to see the mid '30s version in HD? Unless the movie is CITIZEN KANE or KING KONG, I'm surprised WB is going down this road with an old (ancient) catalog title I can't imagine sells that well to begin with.