Warner Bros. takes on space 'Dare'

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
John Johnson

Warner Bros. takes on space 'Dare'

#1 Post by John Johnson »

Warner Bros. is heading into space with "Dan Dare," closing a deal for the feature rights to the British property with Sam Worthington attached to star.
Basil Iwanyk ("Clash of the Titans") will produce through his Thunder Road banner.

"Dan Dare," created by Frank Hampson, first appeared as a comic in 1950 and centered on a gallant chief pilot of the Interplanet Space Fleet. Time frame was the 1990s and the complex adventures were set on planets presumed to have extraterrestrial life.

Dare, described as the British equivalent of Buck Rogers, also appeared in radio programs and a TV series, "Dan Dare: Pilot of the Future."

Rights were obtained from Dan Dare Inc. through Colin Frewin, who exec produces along with Dan Lin.

Worthington, who's been attached to "Dan Dare" for several months, recently wrapped "The Fields" for producer Michael Mann, and will next be seen in John Madden's "The Debt" opposite Helen Mirren. He also recently announced an imprint deal with Radical Publishing under which his Full Clip Prods. will create content for comicbooks and films.

WB-based Iwanyk is a producer on Ben Affleck's crime drama "The Town," due out in September., and "Clash of the Titans 2," with Worthington returning as the lead

Warner execs are Sarah Schechter, Ollie Madden and Matt Milam. Kent Kubena is overseeing for Thunder Road.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111802 ... id=13&cs=1
London. Greatest City in the world.

AndyDursin

#2 Post by AndyDursin »

Sam Worthington...yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.

Whatever people see in this guy, I just don't get it.

John Johnson

#3 Post by John Johnson »

AndyDursin wrote:Sam Worthington...yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn.

Whatever people see in this guy, I just don't get it.
Hope they do justice to The Mekon.

London. Greatest City in the world.

AndyDursin

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

Never heard of this comic, so I'll take your word for it, lol.