The Sound of Music: 45th Anniversary Edition

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
John Johnson

The Sound of Music: 45th Anniversary Edition

#1 Post by John Johnson »

20th Century Fox has officially unveiled the DVD and Blu-ray Disc release of The Sound of Music: 45th Anniversary Edition on 11/2. You'll be able to purchase either a 3-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack (SRP $34.99 - available in both Blu-ray and DVD packaging options) or a Limited Collector's Set containing the 3-disc set plus additional extras (SRP $89.99). The 3-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack will include...

BD Disc 1 - the film remastered in 1080p with 7.1 DTS-HD audio, the Your Favorite Things: An Interactive Celebration enhanced viewing mode (with behind-the-scenes images, trivia, on-screen lyrics and more), a Music Machine sing-along, audio commentaries with Julie Andrews, Christopher Plummer and Director Robert Wise, and BD-Live Live Lookup.

BD Disc 2 - the interactive Musical Stages: Creating The Sound of Music backlot tour (with in-depth featurettes on the songs, stage show, film, sound restoration and the von Trapp family), the A City of Song virtual map of filming locations, vintage Rodgers & Hammerstein and Sound of Music programs, screen tests, interviews, photo galleries and more.

DVD - the film in SD, an optional sing-along track, the Music Machine sing-along option and The Sound of Music Tour: A Living Story featurette.

The Limited Collector's Set will include the 3 discs above, along with the 45th Anniversary CD soundtrack, a 100-page My Favorite Things scrapbook, snapshots from Salzburg, a reproduction of the original 1965 souvenir program and an exclusive My Favorite Things music box with letter of authenticity. Here's a look at the Limited Collector's Set along with the 3-Disc Combo artwork (Blu-ray packaging version)...

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/mytwocent ... tml#083110
London. Greatest City in the world.

Eric W.

Re: The Sound of Music: 45th Anniversary Edition

#2 Post by Eric W. »

That's going to be amazing for fans of the movie, of which I am.

John Johnson

#3 Post by John Johnson »

I'm surprised this is still going on. LOL

http://www.princecharlescinema.com/inde ... display=18

Eric W.

#4 Post by Eric W. »

John Johnson wrote:I'm surprised this is still going on. LOL

http://www.princecharlescinema.com/inde ... display=18

That's pretty unbelievable. :lol:

John Johnson

#5 Post by John Johnson »

One of your favorite things returns to the big screen for two nights only on October 19 and 26 with The Sound of Music Sing-Along Event: 45th Anniversary Celebration! Don’t miss the opportunity to sing along with Julie Andrews (The Tooth Fairy) and Christopher Plummer (Up) in the extraordinary, Academy Award-winning classic back in theatres in true HD! Tickets on sale now!

This exclusive event will entail the sing-along version of the fully restored feature with timeless hits like "The Sound of Music", "Edelweiss", "My Favorite Things", "Climb Ev’ry Mountain" and "Do-Re-Mi.”

Plus, see I’ll Sing Once More: The Sound of Music Today, an exclusive piece that pays tribute to this timeless classic by looking at The Sound of Music effects on popular culture. Audiences will get a unique look at the brilliant restoration The Sound of Music, be whisked back to Salzburg for a travelogue where the movie was filmed, and be treated to contemporary and surprising tributes ranging from modern dance and rock band salutes to an all-marionette version. All brought to you by NCM Fathom in partnership with Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment in celebration of the release of The Sound of Music Sing-Along on Blu-Ray™ and DVD Combo Packs available November 2.

The Sound of Music Sing-Along Event is two nights only – October 19 and October 26 at 6:30PM local time.

Tickets will be on sale to the general public on Friday, September 24, 2010. Sign up here to be notified when tickets go on sale and other Fathom Event reminders. If you would like access to ticketing now, then please visit Rodgers & Hammerstein’s Facebook page for more details

http://www.fathomevents.com/premiere/se ... lyguyterms

John Johnson

#6 Post by John Johnson »

On November 2, Target will exclusively offer a book edition of the classic The Sound of Music. Like the general release, it will include two Blu-ray discs (one for the feature film and one for special features) and a DVD, plus a collector's book marking the 45th anniversary of the movie. It will carry a list price of $34.99.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5297

John Johnson

#7 Post by John Johnson »

The Rodgers & Hammerstein Organization has uploaded a video discussing the new restoration of The Sound of Music, slated for Blu-ray release on November 2. As previously reported (see Blu-ray.com, September 28, the movie will be soon playing in theaters using the 4K master. Additionally, the entire cast will reunite for the first time on the Oprah Winfrey show on October 29.

In the video, the restoration team draws attention to the improved detail on things such as the costumes and fabrics of the characters, and the trees and the foliage of the Austrian countryside. Schawn Belston, Sr. VP, Asset Management/Film Preservation, Twentieth Century Fox, sums it up by saying, "I want to live in that world, it's really spectacular."

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5298