Cameron to Shoot AVATAR Sequel 7 Miles BELOW Sea Level

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

Cameron to Shoot AVATAR Sequel 7 Miles BELOW Sea Level

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Craziness.........on a side note, what's amazing to me is, as much money as AVATAR has made, I haven't met one person amongst family or friends who went to see it and loved it. Or at least liked it nearly as much as its box-office in-take indicates.

Certainly does not seem to be the kind of viewer "love" that fans of TITANIC had for that film -- AVATAR seems to have hit the jackpot for 3-D and HDTV junkies to marvel as its visuals but that's mainly it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... rface.html

mkaroly

Re: Cameron to Shoot AVATAR Sequel 7 Miles BELOW Sea Level

#2 Post by mkaroly »

Maybe we'll luck out and all the equipment will be crushed by the pressure (if by seven miles below sea level he's actually going to shoot in the water) and the movie will never be released! :shock:

Coriolanus Quince

#3 Post by Coriolanus Quince »

I think he should go one further and only exhibit the film down there as well. :mrgreen:

Eric W.

#4 Post by Eric W. »

LOL, I bet you couldn't get one person who did The Abyss with Cameron to come within a mile of this!

John Johnson

#5 Post by John Johnson »

Eric W. wrote:LOL, I bet you couldn't get one person who did The Abyss with Cameron to come within a mile of this!
I was once told the crew had t-shirts made saying: Life's an Abyss, then you work with James Cameron. Not sure if that was ever true. LOL
London. Greatest City in the world.

AndyDursin

#6 Post by AndyDursin »

John Johnson wrote:
Eric W. wrote:LOL, I bet you couldn't get one person who did The Abyss with Cameron to come within a mile of this!
I was once told the crew had t-shirts made saying: Life's an Abyss, then you work with James Cameron. Not sure if that was ever true. LOL
I think it was true. That UNDER PRESSURE doc on the making of the movie was excellent...these days he'd have done most of it with CGI I'm guessing, but the lengths he went to make that film were, and still are, insane.

Eric W.

#7 Post by Eric W. »

AndyDursin wrote:
I think it was true. That UNDER PRESSURE doc on the making of the movie was excellent...these days he'd have done most of it with CGI I'm guessing, but the lengths he went to make that film were, and still are, insane.
Yes, and you can't rule out insanity happening on this either.