Avatar Collector’s Edition Blu-ray Bonus Features

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
John Johnson

Avatar Collector’s Edition Blu-ray Bonus Features

#1 Post by John Johnson »

The Collector's Edition of James Cameron's Avatar, expected for November 16, hasn't been formally announced yet, but information about its substantial content is already appearing on the web. This three-disc edition will include over an hour of deleted scenes, a 2-hour-plus documentary and over four hours of other special features.

According to South African retailer Take 2, disc 1 will contain the movie, in three versions: the original theatrical release; the theatrical special edition (with 8'02" of additional footage); and the Collector's Extended Cut (with 15'54" of additional footage).

Disc two, titled "Filmmaker's Journey", will reportedly include Braving New Worlds: A Journey beyond Avatar (runtime 2h30'), the documentary A Message from Pandora (20'), and 66 minutes of deleted scenes.

Disc three, titled "Pandora's Box", will contain over four hours of additional special features, including "scene deconstruction," and over one hour of "Live Extras."

In turn, the British Board of Film Classification has recently classified the following Avatar content:

Extended Edition Rerelease - New Scenes (runtime 30'36")
Special Edition Rerelease - New Scenes (runtime 16'5")
Production Material - Crew Film: The Volume (runtime 31'39")
Production Shorts - Sound Design (runtime 8'50")
Capturing Avatar (runtime 98'23")
Production Shorts 2 (runtime 45'30")
Editing Avatar (runtime 6'58")
Production Materials (runtime 77'44")
Production Shorts - The Haka: The Spirit of New Zealand (runtime 5'17")
3D Preview - Pandora Discovered (runtime 7' 43")
Production Shorts 1 (runtime 24'42")
The Night before Avatar (runtime 4'46")
Production Materials - Brother Termite Test (runtime 1'55")
Deleted Scenes (runtime 68'4")
Additionally, German site Area DVD also lists the featurettes titled WETA Workshop: Walk And Talk Presentation (runtime 11'); Speaking Na'vi (runtime 6'); and four screen tests.

Note that all of the above must be considered unofficial until there is a formal announcement from the studio.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5223
London. Greatest City in the world.

Eric W.

Re: Avatar Collector’s Edition Blu-ray Bonus Features

#2 Post by Eric W. »

Loaded.

Too bad I don't care about that movie much.

Monterey Jack

#3 Post by Monterey Jack »

Good thing I didn't get the one-disc release.

John Johnson

#4 Post by John Johnson »

Fox Home Entertainment have announced the worldwide DVD and Blu-ray Disc release of Avatar Extended Collector’s Edition. Available 15th November 2010 in the UK, 16th November 2010 in North America and from 15th November 2010 internationally these Extended Collector’s Editions come with collectible packaging, three versions of the film and hours of never-before seen material including over 45 minutes of deleted scenes.

Avatar Extended Collector’s Edition: 3-Disc Blu-ray
Disc One
Original Theatrical Version
Special Edition Re-Release
Collector’s Extended Cut
16 more minutes and exclusive alternate opening
Family Audio Track (All Objectionable Language Removed)
Original Theatrical Release

Disc Two
“Capturing Avatar” An in-depth feature length documentary with James Cameron, Jon Landau and cast and crew
Deleted Scenes – including over 45 minutes of new never-before-seen deleted scenes
Production Materials

Disc Three
Open “Pandora’s Box” and go deeper into the filmmaker process
Interactive Scene Deconstruction: Explore the various stages of production through 3 different viewing modes
Production Shorts: 17 featurettes covering performance capture, scoring the film, 3D fusion camera, stunts and much more
Avatar Archives including original scriptment, 300 page screenplay and the extensive Pandorapedia
BD-live Portal with additional bonus materials

Avatar Extended Collector’s Edition: 3-Disc DVD
Discs One and Two
Original Theatrical Version
Collector’s Extended Cut
16 more minutes and exclusive alternate opening

Disc Three
“Capturing Avatar” An in-depth feature length documentary with James Cameron, Jon Landau and cast and crew
Deleted Scenes – including over 45 minutes of new never-before-seen deleted scenes

The US DVD and Blu-ray will feature English (5.1 DTS-HD MA on BD, 5.1 Dolby Digital on DVD), French DD5.1, Spanish DD5.1 and Portuguese DD5.1 audio along with English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles. SRP is $54.99 for the 3-Disc Blu-ray and $34.98 for the 3-Disc DVD.

UK DVD and Blu-ray AV specs are TBC. RRP is £24.99 for the 3-Disc Blu-ray and £19.99 for the 3-Disc DVD. Also confirmed for the UK market is an Exclusive Collector's Edition Blu-ray Boxset (£99.99 RRP) with the following content:
Extremely Limited UK Fan Pack- only 1000 copies available
Limited Edition, numbered solid box with exclusive artwork
Exclusive James Cameron signed film cell
“Making of Avatar” hardback book
Contains Extended 3-Disc Blu-Ray Collector’s Edition

http://homecinema.thedigitalfix.co.uk/c ... ember.html

Monterey Jack

#5 Post by Monterey Jack »

John Johnson wrote:Family Audio Track (All Objectionable Language Removed)
:lol:

John Johnson

#6 Post by John Johnson »

Monterey Jack wrote:
:roll:

AndyDursin

#7 Post by AndyDursin »

I'm going to be owning the 0-disc Special Edition in my library. lol.

Eric W.

#8 Post by Eric W. »

John Johnson wrote:
Monterey Jack wrote:
:roll:

Wow. That's so lame I'm speechless.

AndyDursin wrote:I'm going to be owning the 0-disc Special Edition in my library. lol.
Same here. I just don't care about it. Bring me Abyss and True Lies instead.

John Johnson

#9 Post by John Johnson »

[/quote]

Wow. That's so lame I'm speechless.

[/quote]

Perhaps Fox think are a few words that might upset people. LOL

Monterey Jack

#10 Post by Monterey Jack »

John Johnson wrote: Perhaps Fox think are a few words that might upset people. LOL
I'm reminded of that hilarious featurette on the Scarface DVD showing clips from the edited-for-TV version. "This town is like one big chicken, just waiting to get plucked!" :lol:

AndyDursin

#11 Post by AndyDursin »

I think it's a shrewd marketing move by Fox. Most of these 3-D movies are all family films that gross a massive amount of cash, so they probably feel putting the option of a cleaned up audio track on there (which isn't that hard to do, more like censoring it for TV broadcast in the olden days) will sell some more copies.

It's one reason I have no inclination to buy a 3-D BD or TV anytime soon. What's the hurry -- so I can get my MONSTERS VS. ALIENS, ALICE IN WONDERLAND and CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS in 3-D? Virtually every one of these 3-D features is a CGI animated movie I could care less about, with the others being junk conversions like CLASH OF THE TITANS (junk even without the 3-D) and/or AVATAR

John Johnson

#12 Post by John Johnson »

AndyDursin wrote:I think it's a shrewd marketing move by Fox. Most of these 3-D movies are all family films that gross a massive amount of cash, so they probably feel putting the option of a cleaned up audio track on there (which isn't that hard to do, more like censoring it for TV broadcast in the olden days) will sell some more copies.
Perhaps they should have done this with the Die Hard films. The family friendly version. LOL

AndyDursin

#13 Post by AndyDursin »

John Johnson wrote:
AndyDursin wrote:I think it's a shrewd marketing move by Fox. Most of these 3-D movies are all family films that gross a massive amount of cash, so they probably feel putting the option of a cleaned up audio track on there (which isn't that hard to do, more like censoring it for TV broadcast in the olden days) will sell some more copies.
Perhaps they should have done this with the Die Hard films. The family friendly version. LOL
Except kids aren't a part of the DIE HARD audience (though they were with the last movie). They were a part of AVATAR's box-office in take, no question

Monterey Jack

#14 Post by Monterey Jack »

Which baffles me...why is hearing the word "s**t" a handful of times considered more traumatizing to kids than the hundreds of human and Na'vi characters slaughtered in battle? :?

AndyDursin

#15 Post by AndyDursin »

Monterey Jack wrote:
Which baffles me...why is hearing the word "s**t" a handful of times considered more traumatizing to kids than the hundreds of human and Na'vi characters slaughtered in battle? :?
I agree there, totally. Wouldn't they try and trim some of the shooting? Just fixing the profanity doesn't seem to make a lot of sense.