ALIEN ANTHOLOGY Has Arrived!

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

Re: ALIEN ANTHOLOGY Has Arrived!

#16 Post by AndyDursin »

scoremeister wrote:just recieved the alien blu ray set , which is excellent by the way. I am a bit confused of how to access the index of the isolated scores as it says in the notes you can select the various cues from the index however i can only find the isolated score on the audio menus and the muthr mode on the options , it shows what cue it is etc , but does not show you an index of the scenes with music i wanted to access the various scenes with music, and choose random play. In the booklet to the set it says you can do this , however i have spent over an hour trying to find how o do this , can anyone help on this one ?
many thanks
I was able to get the cue information to show up when the track was playing but I'd have to check it out again to figure out how to get the actual cue list to show up...like I said in my review there's almost too much information running the Muthr mode to process!

Welcome scoremeister btw...

mkaroly

#17 Post by mkaroly »

BTW- awesome calendar in the background of those pictures! I'm a huge Peanuts fan and that is my desk calendar of choice...have had one of those on my desk for years and years now. :)

AndyDursin

#18 Post by AndyDursin »

mkaroly wrote:BTW- awesome calendar in the background of those pictures! I'm a huge Peanuts fan and that is my desk calendar of choice...have had one of those on my desk for years and years now. :)
Haha thanks Michael. Do you like this Halloween theme or is it overkill? I've looked for others but this is all there is.

BTW we will have a new Christmas theme this year, because I updated to the new version of this software the old one with the falling snow isn't compatible. But as much as I liked it I also know it slowed down people's PCs too.

Monterey Jack

#19 Post by Monterey Jack »

AndyDursin wrote:Like you said MJ, Blu-Rays also have much less of a tendency to scratch than DVDs, so I really wouldn't worry about marking them up this way.
I still strenuously dislike packaging with sleeves. :evil: I still have nightmares about that awful Fraggle Rock complete series set, where fully half of the twenty discs in the set were floating free inside the box and looked like they had been used as the pucks in a game of street hockey. :shock: There is no excuse for this. It's only the fact that these are impossible-to-scratch Blu-Rays that calms me somewhat.

Still, better than that fifty feet long DVD Quadrilogy fold-out box.

Monterey Jack

#20 Post by Monterey Jack »

AndyDursin wrote: Haha thanks Michael. Do you like this Halloween theme or is it overkill? I've looked for others but this is all there is.

It's cute and all, but light text on a dark background always makes my eyes swim a little.

AndyDursin

#21 Post by AndyDursin »

Monterey Jack wrote:
AndyDursin wrote:Like you said MJ, Blu-Rays also have much less of a tendency to scratch than DVDs, so I really wouldn't worry about marking them up this way.
I still strenuously dislike packaging with sleeves. :evil: I still have nightmares about that awful Fraggle Rock complete series set, where fully half of the twenty discs in the set were floating free inside the box and looked like they had been used as the pucks in a game of street hockey. :shock: There is no excuse for this.
The Fraggle set did suck, but it won't happen here. The discs are so tightly packed in the sleeves there's no way they can roll around, they're definitely snug and secure so that's not an issue. I guarantee you people aren't going to be getting copies of this with loose discs the way they have with other BD/DVD sets.

AndyDursin

#22 Post by AndyDursin »

Monterey Jack wrote:
AndyDursin wrote: Haha thanks Michael. Do you like this Halloween theme or is it overkill? I've looked for others but this is all there is.

It's cute and all, but light text on a dark background always makes my eyes swim a little.
yeah I'm changing it back. Driving me crazy too!

Monterey Jack

#23 Post by Monterey Jack »

AndyDursin wrote: But what you're describing doesn't apply to this set. The discs are so tightly packed in the sleeves there's no way they can roll around, they're definitely snug and secure so that's not an issue here. I guarantee you people aren't going to be getting copies of this with loose discs the way they have with other BD/DVD sets.
Yeah, but if they're packed in there as tight as you're describing, you won't get loose discs, but you will get scratches like crazy while trying to remove the discs. :? Again, Blu-Rays are very difficult to scratch, but the principle of sleeves for DVDs or CDs always make me cringe.

AndyDursin

#24 Post by AndyDursin »

Monterey Jack wrote:
AndyDursin wrote: But what you're describing doesn't apply to this set. The discs are so tightly packed in the sleeves there's no way they can roll around, they're definitely snug and secure so that's not an issue here. I guarantee you people aren't going to be getting copies of this with loose discs the way they have with other BD/DVD sets.
Yeah, but if they're packed in there as tight as you're describing, you won't get loose discs, but you will get scratches like crazy while trying to remove the discs. :? Again, Blu-Rays are very difficult to scratch, but the principle of sleeves for DVDs or CDs always make me cringe.
You'll have to see it for yourself. It's snug so that nothing is going to be moving around --because the pages of the set are bulky -- but it's not too tight at the same time in terms of moving the disc in and out of the page. I just don't see how discs are going to get scratched this way, unless you are unbelievably careless or clueless.

Monterey Jack

#25 Post by Monterey Jack »

I'll take your word for it, Andy, although I still wish boxed sets would just put standard keep cases inside the box.

Eric W.

#26 Post by Eric W. »

AndyDursin wrote:
Monterey Jack wrote:

yeah I'm changing it back. Driving me crazy too!
Thank you. I pretty much was not going to post until that was gone.

Sounds like the packaging will be alright for this set.

AndyDursin

#27 Post by AndyDursin »

Monterey Jack wrote:I'll take your word for it, Andy, although I still wish boxed sets would just put standard keep cases inside the box.
In this case it's not an issue. Just saying there are tons of much worse sets, including BACK TO THE FUTURE, which has plastic holders so that two discs can stack on top of one another, but no spindle in the center to secure them. It's horrid. Yet I don't see Bill Hunt complaining about that!

mkaroly

#28 Post by mkaroly »

AndyDursin wrote:
mkaroly wrote:BTW- awesome calendar in the background of those pictures! I'm a huge Peanuts fan and that is my desk calendar of choice...have had one of those on my desk for years and years now. :)
Haha thanks Michael. Do you like this Halloween theme or is it overkill? I've looked for others but this is all there is.
Sorry- I was hardly online yesterday. It was pretty cool but hard to read posts because of the layout and colors.

AndyDursin

#29 Post by AndyDursin »

If you don't want to take my word for it, here's another review saying just what I told you (with more pics)...

"The discs are safely housed, the case has a satisfying heft, and the art design is simple and iconic. Overall, this is one of the most well-constructed multi-film Blu-ray box sets we've gotten yet. "

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=5333

Like I said, there's no way these discs are going to be shipped loose or scratched. Fox did an excellent job with the packaging.

John Johnson

#30 Post by John Johnson »

The Alien Anthology Blu-ray box-set is out next week (full details here) and to pass the time until it's in your hands Fox have a little shooting gallery flash game for you to play called Facehugger Survival. Check it out at: www.facehuggersurvival.co.uk and see how many levels you can complete.

--Original story for the Alien Anthology Interactive Desktop App--

Available now is the Alien Anthology Interactive Desktop App which gives you a sneak peek at some of the new features found on the forthcoming Blu-ray box-set plus lots more…
•NEW Blu-ray only BTS featurettes, interviews & screen tests!
•Never before seen Storyboards, VFX galleries, and Concept Artwork
•Twitter & Facebook newsfeeds
•Music from all soundtracks
•Custom wallpapers with Push Technology
•EXCLUSIVE toggle feature with direct access to the Avatar Interactive Desktop
•Branded windows News, Image Gallery, Video, Music, MyDesktop, Preferences, Retailer, External Links to Official Site and Games

Visit www.alienanthology.co.uk to install the app.

http://homecinema.thedigitalfix.co.uk/c ... -game.html
London. Greatest City in the world.