Warner Archive - 5 for $50 - Thrs-Sunday

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

Warner Archive - 5 for $50 - Thrs-Sunday

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

All single-discs are supposed to be $10 each ($5 for $50) with free shipping starting Thanksgiving :)

AndyDursin

Re: Warner Archive - 5 for $50 - Thrs-Sunday

#2 Post by AndyDursin »

These include the $25 remastered titles too!

Eric Paddon

#3 Post by Eric Paddon »

I've decided it's too good to pass up. So I went for these five:

Plymouth Adventure (in honor of today; I love the Rozsa score)
Green Slime (to plug a remaining hole in the annals of Toho 60s sci-fi)
Legends Of Superheroes (anxious to see this for the first time, in all its bad splendor)
Flood (Irwin Allen 70s TV movie)
Mayday At 40,000 Feet (70s TV movie capitalizing on all the "Airport" movies back then)

One thing I do find annoying about Warner Archive is that some titles I bought from this before are now being sold with better cover art like "Crowded Sky", "Genesis II" etc. It'd be nice if those of us who bought these when they first came out could have the option to get one of the new cover inserts that look better.

AndyDursin

#4 Post by AndyDursin »

From what I read Eric, they're going to have something in place shortly after New Years for those of us who purchased titles with older cover art. Which is nice, Warner typically takes care of their customers.

I ordered several of the same titles --

LEGEND OF THE SUPERHEROES
GREEN SLIME (already have it, just ordered another copy for sale purposes lol)
PRETTY MAIDS ALL IN A ROW (same situation as "Green Slime" --a movie I absolutely recommend!)
PLYMOUTH ADVENTURE (love the score too -- I especially like the Elmer '89 recording on that Rozsa Varese disc)
THE OUTFIT

This is unquestionably the best time to buy these discs. They never go lower than $10 a piece, and only during sale periods (now and Christmas) will you see it happen...even with the coupons they run.

Eric Paddon

#5 Post by Eric Paddon »

In the future I'm hoping that these reports from the Warner Archive Facebook page about them FINALLY freeing from bondage the many TV series they control will come to pass. The Facebook page is suggesting that we can definitely count on seeing "The FBI" (with bonus material), "The Lieutenant", "The Gallant Men" and "Tarzan" (Ron Ely series). If that's so, that will take up first priority of any future Warner Archive titles with me! (and hoping that "Girl from UNCLE" is not too far round the corner either).