Dueling SNOW WHITE "Revisionist" Takes In Production

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

Dueling SNOW WHITE "Revisionist" Takes In Production

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

"Revisionist" SNOW WHITE movies are obviously nothing new -- remember SNOW WHITE-A TALE OF TERROR with Sigourney Weaver and Sam Neill?? lol. I also actually liked Caroline Thompson's TV-movie of SNOW WHITE which came out around the same time, with Kristin Kreuk in the lead role, Miranda Richardson and a gorgeous Michael Convertino score.

So now we've got 2 new SNOW WHITE films in development.

I have to be honest -- the possiblity of Tarsem Singh bringing his crazy visuals to the material are fascinating. I loved the look of THE CELL and hated THE FALL, but the guy's artistic design is striking in today's cinema.

On the other hand, Charlize Theron and Michael Fassbender sound more exciting than Julia Roberts. Who knows? We'll probably get both at this rate.

http://www.deadline.com/2010/12/dueling ... an-queens/

EXCLUSIVE: An intriguing tale of rival Snow White is unfolding between Universal Pictures and Relativity Media. I'm told that Charlize Theron is hot and heavy in negotiations to play the Evil Queen in Universal's Snow White and the Huntsman (with Michael Fassbender the front-runner to play the woodsman). For its rival project The Brothers Grimm: Snow White, Relativity Media is courting Julia Roberts to play the Evil Queen. That film will be directed by Tarsem from a script by Melisa Wallack.

Universal is negotiating with Theron at the same time that she is reading the script for a key role in J. Edgar, the Clint Eastwood-directed film that will star Leonardo DiCaprio as FBI boss J. Edgar Hoover. The studio is moving quickly after paying $1.5 million against $3 million for the Evan Daughtery spec script that will be directed by Rupert Sanders.

The projects are very different, and both films are on the fastest possible track. It will be interesting to see if both fairy tales have happy endings.