Dark Crystal, Labyrinth $7; Ghostbusters $6 @ Amazon

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

Dark Crystal, Labyrinth $7; Ghostbusters $6 @ Amazon

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Good deals going on...

$6.99
GHOSTBUSTERS

All $7.99
DARK CRYSTAL
LABRYINTH
THE NATURAL
CLOSE ENCOUNTERS

Paul MacLean

Re: Dark Crystal, Labyrinth $7; Ghostbusters $6 @ Amazon

#2 Post by Paul MacLean »

Thanks for the heads-up Andy!

This more like it -- BDs under $10 and players under $75! Where were these prices back during the format war? :?

AndyDursin

#3 Post by AndyDursin »

You're welcome Paul! It's a good time to buy too, with these Christmas sales and all going on.

BTW THE NATURAL is the theatrical cut, not the extended...

Few more at $7.99 --

JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS (63)
LEON THE PROFESSIONAL
BLACK HAWK DOWN

X-MEN TRILOGY (All double disc sets) -- $25
MAN WITH NO NAME TRILOGY - $25

Monterey Jack

#4 Post by Monterey Jack »

Paul MacLean wrote: This more like it -- BDs under $10 and players under $75! Where were these prices back during the format war? :?
It's nice to see "catalogue" titles that are a year or two old getting down to so low a price (and I though buying Close Encounters for $15 earlier this year was a bargain... :(), but Blu-Ray needs to get prices down under $20 the first week these things are released. It only took DVD until 2001, four years into the format, before titles were "priced to sell" opening week. It's absurd to walk into a Best Buy or Borders and see recent titles "On Sale!"...for $29.99. :? Slumdog Millionaire was released to theaters two years ago, yet I didn't find it on sale for $10 until a month or so ago, which is crazy. I'll probably have to wait until the end of 2011 before I can pick up Scott Pilgrim vs. The World for a reasonable price, and the wait is killing me, because I loved that movie.

AndyDursin

#5 Post by AndyDursin »

There have been a fair amount of major new releases under $20 (or right at that mark) at Amazon, Target and Best Buy recently. INCEPTION was $17.99 on release day at a number of those places, for example.

We're starting to see it happen, as well as more Blu-Ray/DVD combos. It's entirely possible there will just be one BD/DVD combo pack in the future for some of these movies instead of separate DVD or BD releases. Certainly seems to be going in that direction.