RIP Pete Postelthwaite

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

RIP Pete Postelthwaite

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

He was just in THE TOWN and I remarked that he looked like a corpse...regrettably I bet he was battling cancer while shooting that movie (and in the last few years he appeared much older than his age). :( Terrific character actor...

Actor Pete Postlethwaite has passed away at age 64, losing a long fight with cancer. The British actor had his Hollywood breakout with an Oscar-nominated turn as Guiseppe Conlon, the working class Irish father who shared a prison cell with son Gerry in 1993's In The Name of the Father. He played good guys and bad guys in equal measure and turned in memorable performances in The Usual Suspects, Romeo + Juliet, Jurassic Park: The Lost World, and two current Oscar contenders: The Chris Nolan-directed Inception and the Ben Affleck-directed The Town. The latter performance, as the florist/vicious Boston gangster Fergie, was a showcase for his considerable talent. He's survived by wife Jacqui and his son and daughter.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/01/r-i-p-p ... lethwaite/

Eric W.

Re: RIP Pete Postelthwaite

#2 Post by Eric W. »

Aww man! I loved this guy! :(

Monterey Jack

Re: RIP Pete Postelthwaite

#3 Post by Monterey Jack »

"Kill away, Mister MacManus."

Postlethwaite was one of my favorite character actors (those cheekbones...!). Farewell, Kobayashi...