Bond Confirmed For 11/12

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

Bond Confirmed For 11/12

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Sam Mendes directing a script by the Purvis-Wade duo (who've written the last few movies) and John Logan (STAR TREK NEMESIS).

I'm a little dismayed it's "picking up from the end of QUANTUM OF SOLACE." Looking forward to them wrapping up this story line and moving forward. Isn't Bond "Bond" by this point or are we still going through the "identity questioning" phase? :?

http://www.deadline.com/2011/01/bond-is ... ease-date/

Monterey Jack

Re: Bond Confirmed For 11/12

#2 Post by Monterey Jack »

Yeah, I hope they get the Jason Bourne serialization phase out of their system with this one. Bond movie should be self-contained, dammit.

Still, nice that they're gonna make the 50th anniversary of the franchise. :D Now, get the remaining films out on Blu-Ray, already!

AndyDursin

Re: Bond Confirmed For 11/12

#3 Post by AndyDursin »

Monterey Jack wrote:Still, nice that they're gonna make the 50th anniversary of the franchise. :D
But what's the big deal though with that? I wouldn't expect any kind of homage or anything else to the decades of prior movies. They've turned their back on the history of the series, more Bourne than "Bond" as you said, in the Craig era, and I would, regrettably, think that humorless, glum tone will only continue with Sam Mendes directing. He's not exactly Mr. Happy. lol.
Now, get the remaining films out on Blu-Ray, already!
Now there I'm excited. The fact a new movie will get the old films on Blu-Ray is more exciting to me than the prospects of Daniel Craig doing his tough-guy routine all over again.

Maybe Mendes has something different lined up, but given his track record this new movie will only be darker and more depressing than the last two.