Target Snags MGM Blu-Ray Exclusives; $10 Each

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

Target Snags MGM Blu-Ray Exclusives; $10 Each

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

Some quality MGM romantic comedy titles -- THE CUTTING EDGE (one of the all-time Aisle Seat favorites), OVERBOARD, HONEYMOON IN VEGAS, FOUR WEDDINGS AND A FUNERAL -- have shown up on Blu-Ray rather abruptly with no fanfare as Target exclusives, where they're also a bargain $10.

I bought CUTTING EDGE and OVERBOARD and both look excellent. AVC encodes, DTS MA, good transfers as well and very little DNR.

You wonder if this isn't going to be a model for more BD catalog titles -- I don't think anyone knew about these ahead of time -- and I assume they'll eventually show up later this year as national titles, but in the meantime, they're worth checking out for fans.

I believe FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE and MAGNIFICENT SEVEN are also a part of the Target exclusives; they've been released before in respective box-sets but now they're single-disc editions. Though in the case of MAGNIFICENT SEVEN, I think it's a $15 release, and the box-set (for all four series films) was $25 on Amazon for the longest time, so that's not much of a deal.