G.I. JOE 2 - Adrienne Palicki New Female Lead

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
AndyDursin

G.I. JOE 2 - Adrienne Palicki New Female Lead

#1 Post by AndyDursin »

...well this should help off-set the WONDER WOMAN disappointment :)

Sounds like this sequel is getting a full makeover, which isn't surprising since the first movie was just okay (not nearly as bad as some people said; hell I liked it better than both Transformers movies).

What IS surprising is how quickly this is going into production -- Paramount needs it for next summer since STAR TREK won't be ready.

EXCLUSIVE: Friday Nights Lights series star Adrianne Palicki will play the female lead in the Paramount sequel to G.I. Joe: Cobra Strikes. She'll play Lady Jaye and joins a cast that includes Channing Tatum, as well as Dwayne Johnson, who signed on to play the role of Roadblock in the Jon M. Chu-directed film. Ray Park is expected to reprise his Snake Eyes character, Byung Hun-lee is expected to bring back Storm Shadow, and RZA just joined the film. The studio's casting quickly; they need the film for next summer because the Star Trek sequel won't be ready and this rebooted film and World War Z are prime candidates to fill summer slots. The big question is who Paramount sets in the role of the original G.I. Joe, Joe Colton. I've heard Bruce Willis as a top choice, but last time I checked the studio was eyeing several actors, insiders said. Script's by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick and Lorenzo di Bonaventura is producing the Hasbro property.

As for Palicki, she's free because the Wonder Woman pilot didn't get picked up. She'll next be seen starring in Red Dawn and her screen credits include Legion, Women in Trouble and Lone Star. She's repped by UTA, Anonymous Content and David Fox.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/07/adriann ... a-strikes/

Monterey Jack

Re: G.I. JOE 2 - Adrienne Palicki New Female Lead

#2 Post by Monterey Jack »

The G.I. Joe movie was ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

AndyDursin

#3 Post by AndyDursin »

How am I not surprised you hated it? ;)

I moderately liked it the same way I've liked some of Sommers' movies like THE MUMMY -- no-brain, watchable summer escapist fare for kids. Movies based on childhood toys frequently don't inspire intelligent cinematic fare... and we're two decades outside its target demographic. 8)

On the plus side, the action scenes were mostly comprehensible, Gordon-Levitt was fun, plus Sienna Miller and Rachel Nichols were easy on the eyes too.

Eric W.

#4 Post by Eric W. »

GI Joe was "ok."

Not great...decent romp, that's about it.

AndyDursin

#5 Post by AndyDursin »

Eric W. wrote:GI Joe was "ok."

Not great...decent romp, that's about it.
Yeah totally agree.

The Rock is in this one too, which will help boost grosses. Bruce Willis would be another nice addition.