Twilight Time Says Goodbye; $4-$11 Price Reductions

Talk about the latest movies and video releases here!
Eric Paddon

Re: Twilight Time - Inventory-Wide Sales

#316 Post by Eric Paddon »

Everything's been coming rapidly (I have to do multi-orders because I don't want to put everything on the same credit card). Whereas you can't get anything from Warner Archive direct or Kino Lorber now because of this crisis, SAE you get stuff fast.

AndyDursin

#317 Post by AndyDursin »

Things are about to nosedive until we "reopen," I just got a notice a major warehouse that supplies review copies for a bunch of labels (and presumably handles disc distribution in general) is now shut down until they "figure it out".

Monterey Jack

#318 Post by Monterey Jack »

Since I had about $53 in Paypal funds from recent digital copy sales burning a hole in my pocket, decided to splurge...

-MY COUSIN RACHEL (1952)

-THE HOT ROCK (1972)

-WILD BILL (1995)

-THE PANIC IN NEEDLE PARK (1971)

-PLAY DIRTY (1968)

-GERONIMO: AN AMERICAN LEGEND (1993)

-BIG FIX (1978)

SUBTOTAL: $104.65
SHIPPING & HANDLING: $15.70 :x
TOTAL DUE: $120.35

So, essentially $67 out-of-pocket expenses for seven TT titles ain't bad. :) All blind buys except for Geronimo, and that was way back in the VHS era 25 years ago, so I barely remember anything about it. That and Wild Bill will be nice to have for my Walter Hill collection. Panic In Needle Park is something I'd like to see for Al Pacino's first leading-man role, Play Dirty is a WWII actioner w/Michael Caine sporting a flamethrower (shades of The 14 Fists Of McCluskey :P ), Hot Rock has a great cast, is directed by Peter Yates and sports a Quincy Jones score, Big Fix I want to see because I'm a Richard Dreyfuss fan, and I've owned Franz Waxman's superb score to My Cousin Rachel for years on CD, so it'll be nice to see the images it was composed to support. And anything I end up not liking will make for good trade bait in the future once the TT well dries up for good and all of their OOP titles start going for absurd prices on eBay. :?

AndyDursin

#319 Post by AndyDursin »

No reason not to go for it. You can always dump them later if you don't care for them! (There are several on there I don't care for at all, WILD BILL is a total bore and pretty wretched, but most of those are worthwhile in one respect or another! Except maybe PLAY DIRTY, the end of that one really ruined it for me...)

Monterey Jack

#320 Post by Monterey Jack »

Got my order today, lickety-split. :) Will start watching tomorrow, probably a crime-movie twofer of The Hot Rock and The Big Fix.

Eric Paddon

#321 Post by Eric Paddon »

Now that Amazon won't send titles in less than three weeks, SAE is more than ever a go-to place for ordering and fast delivery!

AndyDursin

#322 Post by AndyDursin »

Not a fan of SAE, but they -- along with a lot of Ebay sellers -- are still kicking since you don't have to leave the house to ship things!

On Amazon -- it's worth noting they are shipping most items sooner than the quoted 3 week timeframe. I've had several media items (initially tagged with April 23 dates) already get bundled in other orders that had various items in them...especially if it's something they consider "essential".

jkholm

#323 Post by jkholm »

Placed an order earlier this week and it's already here:

Edge of Eternity
Warlock
The Seven Ups.

All blind buys. Some widescreen 50's genre titles and a 70's movie with what I've heard has a terrific car chase.

Eric Paddon

#324 Post by Eric Paddon »

Seven-Ups is okay, though like a lot of films of this era the plot can often seem muddled. I could easily envision Scheider's character as what Chief Brody was doing as a New York cop before he decided he needed the peace and quiet of a small island town. :)

Monterey Jack

#325 Post by Monterey Jack »

Stimulus splurge... 8)

-Beat the Devil: $14.95

-Comes A Horseman: $8.95

-Edge of Eternity: $14.95

-The Man In The Moon: $14.95

-Melvin and Howard: $14.95

-Morituri: $14.95

-Warlock: $14.95

Subtotal: $98.65
Coupon Code (Morituri): -$5.00
Shipping: $13.05
Grand Total: $106.70

AndyDursin

#326 Post by AndyDursin »

Has everyone already bought THE BOSTON STRANGLER? That's one of the best TT releases. And one of the better Fox films from the late 60s/early 70s.

Monterey Jack

#327 Post by Monterey Jack »

Yeah, I got The Boston Strangler a few years back. Extremely stylish and well-acted thriller, and pretty graphic for its day.

Eric Paddon

#328 Post by Eric Paddon »

There are some great production stories about the film in the book "The Studio".

Monterey Jack

#329 Post by Monterey Jack »

A pretty good "10 for $115" sale right now (with an additional $5.00 off if you include Yanks), so I picked up (all blind buys, except for Whirlpool, and I barely remember anything about it)...

-Baby the Rain Must Fall

-The President's Lady

-The Quiller Memorandum

-Return of Frank James

-The River's Edge

-The Snake Pit

-Talk Radio

-The Tall Men

-Whirlpool

-Yanks

Coupon Code (Yanks): -$5.00 USD
Shipping: $19.10 USD
Grand Total: $129.10 USD

With the $5.00 Yanks code and $13+ in my Paypal account, it basically covered the $19 shipping, so I literally did get these for $115. :rock:

AndyDursin

#330 Post by AndyDursin »

They should've paid you $5 to sit through YANKS. That thing is one of the singular dullest, most lifeless movies I've ever seen. I've never been able to make it through all the way before falling asleep (I confess I fast-forwarded to the end the last time).

Price is right but I don't know how great a sale that is in terms of quality. The titles are growing less appealing as they try and move product out the door. Of course I've seen all of them (and reviewed them) but trying to look at it from the point of view of a casual BD consumer, even the "decent" ones are, at least to me, one-view and out...not a lot of titles with rewatch potential.

And $20 shipping too! :lol: